Options

MeasureUp tests

DoubleDDoubleD Member Posts: 273 ■□□□□□□□□□
is MeasureUp a good site buying tests from?
any one had much experience with them?

Comments

• Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    DoubleD wrote: »
    is MeasureUp a good site buying tests from?
    any one had much experience with them?

As I stated earlier, MeasureUp/Transcenders are MUCH harder than the actual exams. (Which is actually better...if you understand the concepts when it's a bit difficult, you will pass the real exam.) I had 83% on Certificiation Mode in MeasureUp. Real exam was 96.66667% (870 out of 900). Go figure.

Believe me, if you read Darril Gibson's book, and do his practice exams, and supplement that with some other knowledge (either your own experience or various websites like here), you really will be fine.
  • Options
    DoubleDDoubleD Member Posts: 273 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What I dont get it is Transcenders the same as Measure UP?
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    DoubleD wrote: »
    What I dont get it is Transcenders the same as Measure UP?

As Devilsbane stated in the "Ladies and Gentlemen" thread, no, they are not the same company; DIFFERENT SELF-EXAM-PREP SOFTWARE!

Prior to signing up for WGU, I had purchased Transcenders on my own. They helped me pass the A+ and Network+ almost 5 years ago, and I always plan on using them for IT cert prep.

When I signed up for WGU, I had access to MeasureUP. In fact, I was required to use MeasureUP's certification mode before my mentor gave me my voucher. That's how and why I was familiar with MeasureUp. It was ok, and I believe the same questions are on the sample CompTIA Security+ exam. I had 83% percent on MeasureUP. The mentor said good enough for him. Just was really surprised that I'd get ~97 percent on the real thing. (Even after I read that here. But I had to see it to believe it. I saw it...I believe it.)
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Measure up is a good practice test. They have helped me through the A+ and have shown me on a few other occasions that I needed to domore studying. Measure up, like transcender, is going to be harder than the regular test.
    They are 2 totally differentpractice tests. Different format, different presentation but both are very good for giving you an idea of what you need to study.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.