Options

Pre-test

tomahawkeertomahawkeer Member Posts: 179
Well, I took my first pre test on network + and was a little disappointed :-\ I only got a 69% on it. Just goes to show how much ive forgotten since I took my CCNA classes back around 2000 or so. Either way it shouldn't take very long for me to brush up on and pass it, hopefully less than a month so I can get started on security +.

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    What pretest vendor? If it was measure up then you 'll be ready sooner than a month. Measure up is way harder than the real test.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Yup, Measure Up icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    I tend to go through the material throughly regardless of how well I did on the pre-test, as im not really trying to just memorize stuff for a test, I want to absorb it as best as I can and retain it for after I get through my degree. But I think a month is a good estimate. Hopefully network+ by tthe end of september, and security + by the end of october, and then ill possibly take the rest of the term off. Just depends.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Sounds like a good plan. Making that score on the measure up pre test you'll be ready in less than a month.
    Does your mentor require you to do the examforce? If you can get him/her to let you do measure up instead as the examforce is a big waste of time.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    He hasn't "Required" per say Exam Force, but he was wanting me to use it for A+, which I did a little, but your right, its complete junk. Ill go through the entire Mike Meyers book, and possibly a good bit of labsim in the next 2 weeks, then probably get the exam scheduled in the 1-2 weeks following that, at least thats my goal. It would be great to get to get security + done too, so ill have the lifetime cert.