Options

Just Passed Today

sudoaptgetsudoaptget Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just passed the Security+ with an 850 of 900. I used the Security+ CBT Nugget Videos, Preplogic 15 minute study guide, practice tests, and the CompTIA Security+ Deluxe Study Guide by Emmett Dulaney.

Next I am going for Network+ and then the CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker

Comments

• Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    sudoaptget wrote: »
    Just passed the Security+ with an 850 of 900. I used the Security+ CBT Nugget Videos, Preplogic 15 minute study guide, **************.com practice tests, and the CompTIA Security+ Deluxe Study Guide by Emmett Dulaney.

Next I am going for Network+ and then the CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker

Rutroh....someone used a braindump to prep for the cert.

icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    So I figure the "tests" that you got from that website that you tired to post are braindump materials. I don't know if you know this but those are cheating materials and it also means that the certification that you "passed" doesn't mean anything. Try not to make the same mistake with the other certification materials that you get. Also if the company finds out that you used cheating materials, they can pull the cerifications that you "passed"and ban you from testing with tha company again.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    The practice exams I used were not on my actual exam. I studied for the exam and did it the correct way. However if using practice exams is cheating then I cheated, but it was not my intention.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Type that address in at www.certguard.com and see what it says. It is likely a ****. Practice exams are not cheating. (Measureup or Transcender can be great study tools.)

But what happens is people steal real test questions (how I don't know) create practice tests with real questions and then sell them. They make money, and you pass your test. But you don't actually know the material. People who are dumber than a box of rocks can get any certification if they **** to do it.

I'm not trying to call you a cheater, just be careful which tools you use. Strive to actually learn the material, rather than having question and answer recognition. Not to mention, if caught using a **** material, you can be de-certified, and barred from taking anymore certifications.

Edit: TE blocks **** sites from being said (so that people don't advertise them). If you find that certguard has it marked as safe and that it didn't seem like **** material, contact Webmaster and maybe he will reverse it. From time to time a company changes management and cleans up their act.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    Thanks for the information. Anyway the wind has been blown out of my sails for passing the exam today lol. Thats fine though, I learned the information I needed to know and passed with flying colors.

I have one question though, what is the difference between a braindump that is no longer valid and a practice exam offered anywhere else?
  • Options
    you were correct that the site showed up as a braindump. thanks for letting me know about it.
  • Options
    you were correct that the site showed up as a braindump. thanks for letting me know about it.

This forum is not kind to cheaters, and while it might be too late for this certification, you just learned a valuable lesson today. As long as you walk away with your head up and be careful to use reputable sources, you will do alright. If you ever want to know what book to read or which resources to use, just ask. We are all happy to help.
  • Options
    Even after reading a book, watching 15 - 20 hours of videos I am considered a cheater. I took practice exams that were at one time on the actual test but not now. I know not to use practice exams now.

• Options
    Even after reading a book, watching 15 - 20 hours of videos I am considered a cheater. I took practice exams that were at one time on the actual test but not now. I know not to use practice exams now.

Practice exams are fine. I've used Transcender on every test that I have taken except maybe 1. Like I said before, they are a valuable part of studying and can help you point out which areas to work on.
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I'm going to give the OP the benefit of the doubt that he might not have known he "dumped" (for had he, he wouldn't have celebrated his pass here). Hopefully he won't use whatever that site was anymore. But to split the difference, I can't give him the high five on this win. But I won't crucify him either.

Mind you there is a lot of material to cover, but that's that. The material itself isn't that bad, it's just A LOT.

To be quite honest...if you have to *knowingly* **** any CompTIA cert...well, I'll just leave it at that. icon_cool.gif (And dumping ANY cert is bad of course and not condoned...but there should be a different kind of breed who would need to do it on CompTIA certs....)

Edit: As Devilsbane has stated, practice exams are fine and they are used by a good number of us (myself included). I just passed the exam myself yesterday and stated that I used Transcenders and MeasureUp. You won't see those names ever asterisked because they don't use actual questions, just questions very similar. Yeah they are a bit pricey, but you will understand if you read my thread how I got to use the MeasureUp (which was only once in certification mode and a couple in study mode).
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies, I appreciate the input. I will be sure not to use braindumps in the future as they are too close to the actual exams.
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    erpadmin wrote: »
    I'm going to give the OP the benefit of the doubt that he might not have known he "dumped" (for had he, he wouldn't have celebrated his pass here). Hopefully he won't use whatever that site was anymore. But to split the difference, I can't give him the high five on this win. But I won't crucify him either.

Mind you there is a lot of material to cover, but that's that. The material itself isn't that bad, it's just A LOT.

To be quite honest...if you have to *knowingly* **** any CompTIA cert...well, I'll just leave it at that. icon_cool.gif (And dumping ANY cert is bad of course and not condoned...but there should be a different kind of breed who would need to do it on CompTIA certs....)

Edit: As Devilsbane has stated, practice exams are fine and they are used by a good number of us (myself included). I just passed the exam myself yesterday and stated that I used Transcenders and MeasureUp. You won't see those names ever asterisked because they don't use actual questions, just questions very similar. Yeah they are a bit pricey, but you will understand if you read my thread how I got to use the MeasureUp (which was only once in certification mode and a couple in study mode).

+1. Random but its funny because 5 months back I had no idea what "sudo apt-get" did. Linux reading ftw!
  • Options
    lol sudo apt-get me a sandwich :)
  • Options
    security techsecurity tech Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Type that address in at www.certguard.com and see what it says. It is likely a ****. Practice exams are not cheating. (Measureup or Transcender can be great study tools.)

But what happens is people steal real test questions (how I don't know) create practice tests with real questions and then sell them. They make money, and you pass your test. But you don't actually know the material. People who are dumber than a box of rocks can get any certification if they **** to do it.

I'm not trying to call you a cheater, just be careful which tools you use. Strive to actually learn the material, rather than having question and answer recognition. Not to mention, if caught using a **** material, you can be de-certified, and barred from taking anymore certifications.

Edit: TE blocks **** sites from being said (so that people don't advertise them). If you find that certguard has it marked as safe and that it didn't seem like **** material, contact Webmaster and maybe he will reverse it. From time to time a company changes management and cleans up their act.

Thanks for providing certguard.com!! I just checked out this was site that has practice questions and it was deemed safe....