Bunmi

bunmi oladipobunmi oladipo Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed CCNA 801 since 2007 October now its about to be "irrelevant" and so far have been working as a Power electronics Engineer and not Networking Engineer what do I do, hence I have a Degree in Electronic Computer and love Networking Security as a profession.

Comments

• Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I passed CCNA 801 since 2007 October now its about to be "irrelevant" and so far have been working as a Power electronics Engineer and not Networking Engineer what do I do, hence I have a Degree in Electronic Computer and love Networking Security as a profession.

Take the ICND2 or CCNA:Security to renew the cert.
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    knwminus wrote: »
    Take the ICND2 or CCNA:Security to renew the cert.

+1

Outside of what knwminus said, your options are limited given the time crunch.

Are you looking to get into the networking or network security profession? If I were you, I wouldn't worry too much about the cert expiring since you're not current in the networking field. With the given amount of time before your cert expires and (depending) on the amount of time you've been away from the networking/network security field, one month (IMO) will not be enough time to understand and pass one of the new "specialties".

Alot of people are able to take the CCNA: Security exam within a month after taking their CCNA because some of the CCNA security topics are similar to what was learned during their CCNA studies. I'm not trying to discourage you... I just wanted to be honest. Best of luck to you regardless of your chosen path. HTH.

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker