Options

BR0-002 (This has probably been asked/answered already.....)

erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
However, I am curious if I should take the BR0-002 so that my 2003 Objectives are upgraded to the 2009 objectives and have that lifetime as well before the end of year. I did see a couple of threads that discuss that, but I am just wondering if this is even worth the money/time or would it even matter. Whenever I log in to the CompTIA cert site, I see "Started Certification, Network+ 2009 objectives" (I don't recall ever doing that, but ok....).

From what I gather, I can take the full exam, or the bridge. I would definitely take the bridge, and I'm not concerned if I pass it (at this point...), but to reiterate, should I really spend my time on upgrading a cert just to be "current." I also question if my 30x A+ should be upgraded as well, though not as seriously as Network+ (the 30x stuff, I'd have to take both exams again....."f" that....)

Required: All
  • ☐Required: 1
    • ☐Required: 1
      • ☐[JK0-016] E2C Network+ Exam
      • ☐[N10-004] Network+ Exam (2009 Edition)
    • ☐Required: All
      • ☒Required: 1
        • ☐[JK0-012] E2C Network+ Certification Exam
        • ☒[N10-003] Network+ Certification Exam
        • ☐[N10-103] Network+ Exam (Greek/Arabic)
      • ☐Required: All
        • ☐[BR0-002] Network+ (Bridge Exam)
EDIT: It looks like the BR0-002 is an older exam. I have the N10-003...If I am reading this right, it looks like I would have to take the N10-004 and no bridge...is that right? If that's the case, I think I'll just chill then. LOL.

Comments

• Options
    willhi1979willhi1979 Member Posts: 191
    You can take the bridge. I took the BR0-003 to upgrade my Security+. It automatically enrolled you in the track to upgrade, I had an enrollment for the Security+ Exam. The chart shows you that you can take BR0-002 or N10-004 to upgrade your exam. If you pass the BR0-002 exam, you hit the Required: All which would update the certification.
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    willhi1979 wrote: »
    You can take the bridge. I took the BR0-003 to upgrade my Security+. It automatically enrolled you in the track to upgrade, I had an enrollment for the Security+ Exam. The chart shows you that you can take BR0-002 or N10-004 to upgrade your exam. If you pass the BR0-002 exam, you hit the Required: All which would update the certification.

Ok, I think you're right. I confused myself by calling it the 2003 objectives when they are in fact the 2005 objectives, because I took the N10-003. So yeah, I can take the BR0-002 exam or the N10-004 if I so wish.

Now the question is, should I even bother? I see that the "test, exam code BR0-002, is a 60-minute, 50-question test. A passing score is 500 on a scale of 100-900." In theory, I should be able to walk in and pass. But I don't think I want to; I'm just wondering should I.

I only ask because I know the prep time would be very minimal. But if it's not worth updating, I won't.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Where you're at in your career and everything it'd really be a waste of time and money. If you want to make sure you're current on your knowledge of networking then download the objectives buy a book and/or a CBT and upgrade your knowledge without the test. Better yet just get the Net+ Labsim with your student discount it's about $89 and go through that.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.