Options

What's the running costs?

qwerty_faceqwerty_face Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

I was just wondering, how much do you or did you spend on running your home lab while you studied for your CCNA? What about you guys currently studying for your CCNA - what are your running costs?

Any tips?

Most of my electric bills are from computer related equipment anyway, I don't spend much but just anticipating what my configuration is gonna cost me once I get it going...

Cheers.

Comments

• Options
    tha_dubtha_dub Member Posts: 262
    I donno...

I have
    1 2950C
    1 2900xl
    1 2611
    1 1811
    1 1760

I imagine even with all of them running it can't be much more than 300-500 watts. Now if I had a production network running off it at 50-70% load that might be a lot higher.... On the other hand I switch everything but one router off when I'm done playing so no biggie.
  • Options
    QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    It really depends on how long you leave the stuff on. You're going to incur some cost increase if you leave it on all the time but then who really does that with a lab (yes I know some do :p)? If you only turn it on to study and then turn if off when not in use I doubt it will be anything significant.
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'd say that I'm up to about $250, maybe a tad more. But I caught the addiction, so that figure only reflects what I have now. icon_mrgreen.gif