Options

The world of Telco

shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
New blog post, check the link below. More of a Rant than usual
Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related

Comments

• Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    hehehe, sounds like a typical day at the office! I've grown to expect randomness on seemingly routine procedures :)
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    pitviper wrote: »
    hehehe, sounds like a typical day at the office! I've grown to expect randomness on seemingly routine procedures :)

I got the site up. We got the loop out and it still wouldn't come up. No cross was put in the circuit. It traveled through multiple providers so I can imagine that they were canceling each other out or none did it and assumed it would get handled down range.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    LOL service providers are great arn't they.

If you think their naughty, there's another personal account of what they can get up to on my blog below.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    I worked for a telco at my last job... that was an experience. My current job has me doing the same kind of work except on the LAN side and it is easy peasy compared to the WAN NOC.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    shodown wrote: »
    By the way hats off to the guy who got the initial setup done, some fancy tricks done with IOS firewall that I will be borrowing from you

Care to share?

Oh and yesterday, I was swapping extentions on a 66 block and inadvertently shorted a post. Luckily our voip cards have short protection. icon_redface.gif