Options

Resubmitting resume-no bueno?

falcon101falcon101 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
So I applied for a position through a company's website. I normally hate those since they require you to copy/paste your resumé (losing all formatting,bolds and italics!) and apply with a generic looking resume.

In any case few days later I had a chance to really enhance my resume and made it pretty good with all the info I needed.

I went back I to the company's site to "update" my resume and reapply for the job and obviously I was told that " I have already applied for the job"

So I create another profile, upload the newly enhanced resume and was able to reapply for the position.

Did I just mess up my chance of getting the job?

Thanks for the input.

Comments

• Options
    Mojo_666Mojo_666 Member Posts: 438
    falcon101 wrote: »

Did I just mess up my chance of getting the job?

I wouldn't have thought so.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You wouldn't have hurt it. Just don't forget that with some of those jobs it takes forever for them to actually get to you. I have a phone screening today for a job I applied to about a month ago. I had to check back in my records (I record all my applications in one note for reference) to find out when I had applied as I couldn't remember off the top of my head. I have nearly a hundred different site logins from my job search right now.
    Keep tryiong and don't get discouraged.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    falcon101falcon101 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I sometime wonder (and shiver) that I am this impatient while i actually have good & well paying job,,,what will happen to me when (God forbid) I am looking when I don't have a job... ouch.. :)

I have only applied to 3-4 places to see if they grab but have not had any luck but a phone interview where I was told that ALL my skills, experience and knowledge matches their requirements BUT since i have only managed 3-4 people, they are looking or someone who has managed 30.. really?! And don't get me started on job requirements where not only they want you to be a Network Engineer but a Software engineer, an IT/Help-desk Manager and a Goddamn accountant/poet/philanthropist also (sarcasm)!! seriously!!??

Back to topic...I guess my concern is that the HR sees 2 resumes from the same person and judges my intelligence even before an interview option...

OH well...i guess If I don't get it, it wasn't meant to be...