Options

Context-Sensitve help

jojopramosjojopramos Member Posts: 415
For my last minute question before taking CCNA, is context-sensitve help allowed in the exam simulation? I may memorize or practice many times the IOS commands syntax but i don't know if exam comes that I may forget the right syntax for the specific command line. the other question is, if my syntax is wrong as in not in the appropriate place, example: instead of the only choices of in and out, I put something ese, will it show that i commit an error like in real configuration?

Comments

• Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    You can use the ? commands, so you'll have some help there

You're better off knowing the commands, though. Looking them up with the ? help can be very time-consuming.
  • Options
    fly351fly351 Member Posts: 360
    Netwurk wrote: »

You're better off knowing the commands, though. Looking them up with the ? help can be very time-consuming.
    Maybe, but the ? can be a life safer. I agree, know the commands or at least where to find / apply them. But the ? will help you if you forget a word in the syntax.
    CCNP :study:
  • Options
    jojopramosjojopramos Member Posts: 415
    Thanks guys. context sensitive help is a great help esp. on the exam pressure that I might forget some syntax.
  • Options
    HeeroHeero Member Posts: 486
    Netwurk wrote: »

If you don't know what you are doing, sure it can be time comsuming. If you know what you are doing, but are like me and dont really pay attention to the exact syntax of commands, its a life saver and generally doesn't add any noticeable time to my configuration.
  • Options
    wbosherwbosher Member Posts: 422
    I think it would be pretty useful in sims on access lists!