070-270 Exam - Introduction

richyboy19richyboy19 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys im new on here finding this forum is a nice find loads of interesting stuff on here. I'm currently working for a Law firm as a System Admin
have my 070-270 exam Tuesday ( Ive heard nasty things about this exam)
then my 290, 291 exams in October respectively.

My main interest is security so i will be heading down this route
im thinking of the security + as a first then well im not sure.
Im thinking of going down the MCSE security route but im really not sure

any advice is welcomed

cheers guys

Comments

• gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hello fellow welshman!

70-270 is not that bad. It's 70-291 you need to worry about - it isn't nicknamed "The Beast" for no reason ;) However, even seasoned 291 test takers got off lightly. I remember years ago people trying to get through the Windows 2000 version of that exam - now that was the *REAL* beast!

Anyway, there are a lot of very well informed and helpful members here, so we're all on board to help if you have any questions.
  • richyboy19richyboy19 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    gorebrush wrote: »
    Hello fellow welshman!

70-270 is not that bad. It's 70-291 you need to worry about - it isn't nicknamed "The Beast" for no reason ;) However, even seasoned 291 test takers got off lightly. I remember years ago people trying to get through the Windows 2000 version of that exam - now that was the *REAL* beast!

Anyway, there are a lot of very well informed and helpful members here, so we're all on board to help if you have any questions.

hey there thanks for the reply nice to know there is a fellow welshman on here!!

sounds interesting this 291 exam im just tackle it head on and go for it if i fail i ll just keep trying until i pass would be nice to nail it first time.

im currently using the common MS press books, VPC for labbing and ive recently joined prep logic on a monthly plan which gives me access to everything. My aim is to get these done, take the security + then decide what to do. I love learning nothing better than jumping on the PC few cans of carlin and putting in a big session

reason why im doing all this is because my wages are just awful im thirty next week and i want to move up the Wage ladder and the knowldege ladder. I now when i put my mind to it i can learn anything. My current role has been alot of on the job learning which i also enjoy but all that has stopped so jsut doing it for myself

Im sure i ll take alot from peoples thoughts and posts. All in all looking forward to it icon_smile.gif
  • Mojo_666Mojo_666 Member Posts: 438
    richyboy19 wrote: »
    Hi guys im new on here finding this forum is a nice find loads of interesting stuff on here. I'm currently working for a Law firm as a System Admin
    have my 070-270 exam Tuesday ( Ive heard nasty things about this exam)
    then my 290, 291 exams in October respectively.

My main interest is security so i will be heading down this route
    im thinking of the security + as a first then well im not sure.
    Im thinking of going down the MCSE security route but im really not sure

any advice is welcomed

cheers guys

Great, more Taffia. icon_thumright.gif

Sounds like an OK route to me, Security + seems pretty good choice too.
  • tbgree00tbgree00 Member Posts: 553 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I you haven't already I would take advantage of the Microsoft Exam Pack offer if it's offered in the UK. Since you want to take three tests you can get a price break and also get second shots. Depending on your testing center you can probably get this deal, cancel your current test and reschedule at the same slot with the voucher.

The only real stumbling block is you would pay for all three tests at one time. Still the second shot and 15% savings is worth the extra up front price IMO.
    I finally started that blog - www.thomgreene.com
    tbgree00 wrote: »
    I you haven't already I would take advantage of the Microsoft Exam Pack offer if it's offered in the UK. Since you want to take three tests you can get a price break and also get second shots. Depending on your testing center you can probably get this deal, cancel your current test and reschedule at the same slot with the voucher.

The only real stumbling block is you would pay for all three tests at one time. Still the second shot and 15% savings is worth the extra up front price IMO.

cheers for the advice, i ve managed to get my company to pay for my exams (with resits if needed hopefully not) so im pretty much all set on that front

its the sims that sound a bit daunting currently have a lab setup via VPC just wondering if there any online lab systems aswell that i can pay for to practice? any ideas or recommendations?
  • MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    richyboy19 wrote: »
    any ideas or recommendations?
    The study guides have lab scenarios to work on, so do them all and make sure you understand them.
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
    Passed the 070-270 with a 740 not great but im happy to get it out of the way.

Definately tougher than i thought and i underestimated it hence the 740

next is 290 then the beast!!!!!