N+ Scheduled for Sept 25-Wish me luck!

falcon101falcon101 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
So after a 4 year hiatus (ouch) i decided to finally get back in the Cert race and scheduled Net+ for this month.

I have been sitting pretty for few years now at my current position where i get to manage IT, from Networks, Servers, Workstations, Printers to everything and all in between. But the company has been showing signs of instability which is prompting me to get back in the rat race....

As you can see that i have some ole' certs, A+ and MCP (2000) which included 218-215-210. Please correct me since I am under the assumption that a Net+ will give me MCSA 2000 (I manage and maintain 2K3 and 2K8 servers for the last few years and everyday so please don't laugh, I know Win2K isn't necessarily rocking it icon_smile.gif )

I took the practice tests and did ok but it is amazing that even being an IT pro for so many years, you can lose touch with most basic things.

Comments

• TechnitoTechnito Member Posts: 152
    Yeah you gotta stay competitive in today's IT market. A lot of companies are facing financial instability and getting picky when it comes to employment. But that's a good question. Although Server 2000 exams are retired, it still may be possible that Network+ will give you the credential since you have all the other 2000 core exams passed. You may want to check with Microsoft about that to be sure. If not, you can know for sure that Network+ along with your A+ will count towards the 2003 MCSA. But anyway, definitely good luck on your exam and be sure to post your end result :)
    Knowledge is being an Architect, no matter what field.....
  • cbsharpe0824cbsharpe0824 Member Posts: 153
    Study well and practice well and you will do fine. We will be looking forward to seeing your post on the 25th of September telling us that you passed!
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yeah you can still obtain it as long as you took all the old required exams. Here's a link to check out
    Systems Administrator| MCSA | Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator
    Note Many of the exams in this certification track are retired. If a required exam is retired and you have not yet passed that exam, you cannot complete the certification track. You must fulfill all listed requirements to earn the certification. If you passed a required exam before it retired, it can be applied toward certification. The certification will not expire
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • falcon101falcon101 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the link. I had went their in the past and did not see the need until now.

It seems that the N+ will give me the MCSA 2000. Again, knowing that the 2000 exams are retired, at least its something that can be used on my resume until i start the MCPIT track.

Hope to report back with a passing.

Thanks.
    Well I'm back and happy to report that I passed the Network+ exam!!! icon_smile.gif

Frankly I was surprised by the OSPF, EIGRP plus the infrastructure design stuff and managed to get a 800 (cough) with very limited prep.

I have 2 kids and work full time so prepping for the test for 3 weeks (about 20hrs total!) was a chore but a pass is a pass.

I think I also became a Win2000 MCSA (I know its retired) since i had taken 210-215-218 with A+ and N+.

Omw to CCNA and the MCITP track. (next year!)
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats!
    Actually that MCSA 2000 doesn't retire, just the exams.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • cbsharpe0824cbsharpe0824 Member Posts: 153
    falcon101 wrote: »
    Well I'm back and happy to report that I passed the Network+ exam!!! icon_smile.gif

Frankly I was surprised by the OSPF, EIGRP plus the infrastructure design stuff and managed to get a 800 (cough) with very limited prep.

I have 2 kids and work full time so prepping for the test for 3 weeks (about 20hrs total!) was a chore but a pass is a pass.

I think I also became a Win2000 MCSA (I know its retired) since i had taken 210-215-218 with A+ and N+.

See?? That's what I'm talking about my friend! Great job!icon_thumright.gif
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    falcon101 wrote: »

Congrats man!!! Keep it movin!
  • eserfelizeserfeliz Member Posts: 134
    Hey, congratulations sir.
    MCP, HDI-SCA, MCDST, Network+, MCTS: W7C, MCITP: EDST7, BS: MIS

In progress: MCSA (70-290 & 70-291), CCENT, CCA XenDesktop 5
  • simtechsimtech Member Posts: 213
    Congrats, man!
    See?? That's what I'm talking about my friend! Great job!icon_thumright.gif

Thanks for the positive vibe, thoughts and feedback all!!icon_thumright.gif