Options

2 Day to learn XenApp 6

Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
Alright, management went out and bought a Windows2008R2 server and XenApp 6 Platinum. They want me to migrate the old Metaframe next week. That gives me 2 days to learn XenApp 6. We have a large number of 16 and 32bit apps, recommendations?
-Daniel

Comments

• Options
    wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sorry I can not help, but I laughed, this makes our management look like angles :D.

"Ordering new Cisco routers takes 10 weeks!"
    "It is ok, we need this done before the end of the month, you can do it!" icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    Yeah, it sure was shocking. "hey daniel, come here for a second" It seems the guy they wanted to do it is not able now. And for some reason they got it in their heads that since I got MCITP: SA I am the best the got now :)

Anyhow, unless I get a better recommendation I am going to just buy the thinnest book from the book store tonight.
    -Daniel
  • Options
    ZaitsZaits Member Posts: 142
    Hi Daniel,

Unless you have a lot of experience with Xenapp / Presentation server you are in for some long nights =)

I'd recommend reading up on worker groups and how they moved everything from the advanced console to the policies section. They are really trying to integrate XenApp 6 more with group policy so you can find a lot of your settings in GPO's now.

Citrix has some amazing products now adays and even though your management jumped the gun purchasing this, I think in the long run if done right you guys will be happy with the product.

I don't have a ton experience with XenApp 6 because we are still on XenApp 5, but if you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Comparing XenApp 5 and 6. We have some training materials for 5, and I can't find anything for 6. Think I can wing it?
    -Daniel