Options

Scenario questions

mamabarkermamabarker Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
I heard there are some scenario questions in the test. Is there a practice exam that are geared more on scenario questions?

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    What sort of experience do you have in working with the items on the objectives?

I wouldn't worry too much on this, you'll need to understand the concepts and not work from practice questions. Sec+ is geared toward candidates with at least 2 years of experience and is a vendor neutral exam, so the concepts are pretty general.

Review the objectives...from that discern the areas you want to focus more study toward. icon_study.gif
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I used labsim for the test questions. They're not as scenario based as the actual test but help to test your knowledge.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    There are some scenario-type questions, but it isn't difficult if you are familiar with the objectives of the exam. They are very straightforward though and as long as you studied the objectives, you'll do well on them. I don't want to give examples because I'm not sure they'll violate NDA and when in doubt....I just won't do it.

My suggestion would be to read the passed Security+ threads by myself and others and see what helped us and then go from there. As long as you are familiar with the objectives, it won't matter what type of questions are on the exam.