PVDM2-16 or PVDM2-32

dyollkramdyollkram Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
I know that -32 is much better to buy than -16, but in ccnav when I only have a few phones, does getting a -32 module a good deal? When I get to ccvp track? Or -16 will do the job?

Comments

• pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    What modules do you plan on using in you router(s)? The PVDM2-16 has a single DSP which will allow more than enough resources to run some FXO, FXS, and a partial voice T-1. Unless you are changing CODECs (unlikely) your IP phones won’t use the DSP resources at all for on net VoIP calls.

Now when you get into the CCVP, more is definitely better in this case. In order to practice conferencing and transcoding, you’ll need a single unallocated DSP just for those duties. The PVDM2-32 has 2 onboard DSPs. You could also get a PVDM2-16 for starters, and then add a second one later. Or there’s always the option of popping out all of your VIC2s and VWICs to free up the single DSP on the PVDM2-16 for the conferencing/transcoding configurations.
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • dyollkramdyollkram Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    For a start (ccna voice), I only plan to use fxo/fxs modules, might try some e1 cards as well. When in the studies will transcoding and conferencing will take place, cvoice? After ccna voice, cvoice in my next in line because we use cucm in my work.

So one pvdm2-32 or 2DSP is the required pvdm2 for the ccvp? One piece will do for one router?