Best Study Material for CCENT/CCNA

O'HurleyO'Hurley Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
I've already completed the 4 course netacad from my college, so what would be the best study material for the ccent/ccna. Also, should I go the 2 test route or just hit the CCNA running?
Currently Working On:
-70-680, MCITP Enterprise Admin,
-B.S. I.T (Net Design, Mgmt.)
Currently Using/Reading:
-Labsim 70-680
-MS Press 70-680

Comments

• SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I think most people use the Odom Cisco Press books and CBT Nuggets CCNA if they like. What I have heard suggested, is that the Cisco Press exams are as or more difficult than the exam, so that may be a worthwhile investment.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    O'Hurley wrote: »
    I've already completed the 4 course netacad from my college
    How well did you do in your courses?
    so what would be the best study material for the ccent/ccna.
    Wendell Odom's Cisco Press CCNA Certification Library(CCNA Exam 640-802), 3rd Edition.

But if you did well during the netacad courses (>95% without any retests) then you might be able to review for the exam(s) with Todd Lammle's CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide: Exam 640-802, 6th Edition.

Todd's book is more of a fun read than Wendell's book -- but Wendell's book gives you the foundation knowledge you'll need if you plan on pursuing the CCNP someday.
    Also, should I go the 2 test route or just hit the CCNA running?
    There is no cost difference anymore between the 1 exam and 2 exam options -- just an extra trip to the exam center.

If you're just starting out in your IT career you might want to earn the CCENT by taking the ICND1 exam to fill up your resume. If you got some experience already and a chance for promotion (or a new job) when you earn your CCNA, the CCENT may not be as useful (and you may drop it off your resume someday anyway).

If you can't come up with a reason to prefer the 1 exam option over the 2 exam option then it's probably just easiest to do the 2 exam option.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • ToddBToddB Member Posts: 149
    Ciscopress books are good, but think Chris Bryant Ulitmate CCNA pack is better, Mine came with ICND1 & 2 plus lab time and he added CCNA Security free. everything is persented very well.
    :thumbup:

Phil 4:6 "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God."