Options

Google Apps

Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
Anyone using Gapps for business for work or personal use?

Comments

• Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    Personal use, yes.
  • Options
    CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    I use them for personal use.
  • Options
    I am going to purchase myself a "business" account today. I also am thinking about using this as a solution for our droids that we want to roll out (all two of them). The cost of a certificate is hard to justify for 1-2 phones.
  • Options
    ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    I use the free stuff for all my (personal) domains.
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I use the personal stuff
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yep, I'm using the free service for several domains.
  • Options
    Cool. Have any of you ever synced exchange mail/outlook calendars with it? Looks pretty simple to do.
  • Options
    tbgree00tbgree00 Member Posts: 553 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I switched my domain's hosted exchange and web hosting from godaddy to google apps a month ago. I tried the 15 day trial of the premier edition to use the migration tools and it was far beyond my abilities. It was a permissions problem with godaddy so if you have better control over exchange the migration should be easier. I didn't have any problems downgrading to the standard edition.

I have the email set up as IMAP in Outlook and pulled all of my emails into that system. I haven't figured out a good way to do contact and calendar sync with Outlook. They have a program for that on the gmail side that I haven't bothered trying and the premier side has one too. I assume that the home one wouldn't work with an apps standard account.

On a Mac Google calendar and contacts sync natively so that was simple, once again I did IMAP for the mail. On an iOS device you set it up as exchange and it works great. Android obviously syncs perfectly.
    I finally started that blog - www.thomgreene.com
  • Options
    boss shot it down. We are going with a UCC cert from godaddy or something.
    I will probably register a domain with them later today.