Options

What job interview questions did you get?

MrpcsorianoMrpcsoriano Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys, how about sharing some of the tough or unusual questions that was asked in a job interview and what industry.......
I just hate the silence right after the committee asks you a question and you're thinking what the right approach will be. I got a few interviews from school districts and they asked....

1) How do you deal with children? ( heck, I'm not a babysitter, but ensuring their safety will be the only thing I can think off)
2)Describe a work related experience you participated in and what role did u play. What is the one thing that you wouldn't do again based on the previous scenario?
3)How do u establish a good working relationship?(this is where I choked because if I say communicating frequently then they might think I don't do jack but chit chat)
PCS

Comments

• Options
    GawdGawd Member Posts: 132
    For my current job I was asked Scenario questions.
    If so and so happened, what would you do to fix it or whatever.

Gawd
  • Options
    hhisgetthhisgett Member Posts: 181
    I actually had a neat interview experience. I interviewed for a field engineering position for an I.T. provider. The interview went well. The owner called me back after several days and asked if I could come down and spend a couple of days with him, meet the clients and really look at how they do business. He payed me a decent hourly rate, a nights stay at a very cozy Inn and payed for all my meals. I met several of his clients and they quizzed me on things (all very simple) and we went out and worked several help desk calls. I never seen interviews done like this, but it was a very good experience and I believe I landed the job.

My previous interviews were quiz type interviews to see if I knew what I said I knew, and how to handle different situations. (ie, customer service questions was a very big thing)
  • Options
    DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
    Most of my interviews get to the point where it's just me and the interviewer chatting. I've never been uncomfortable on interviews. Sometimes they have their standard lists of questions and I just tell them what they want to hear, other times they're just winging it, but damn near every interview I've ever been on has ended up with a friendly little chat, a tour of the facilities, a meeting with some of the higher ups, and then a job offer for far too little cash. My current job kind of fell into my lap. About a week after I got my CCNA, my teacher handed me an email from a local company that was looking for a Cisco auditor. Since I was still working a help desk at that point, I was willing to consider a job change... again, everything I'd been on before, the money just wasn't right (I got *very* good benefits from my last help desk job, went along way towards keeping me there as long as I was). This job was different. The manager in charge of the Cisco department handed me a sheet of paper with various CCNA type questions on it, and left me alone for 10 minutes. When he came back, I had aced the cute little questionaire, and we sat down and chatted. We had alot in common. He told me about the company, then took me to meet the people I'd be working with. I hung out with them for a good hour, seeing how they worked, and just in general taking in the atmosphere. It's an excellent work atmosphere... I'm surrounded by fellow nerds. Dress code is casual, everyone has a very generous personal workspace (that is truly theirs, there is no sharing), and everyone actually seemed to get along and enjoy their work. I don't have to deal with the public, I don't have anyone breathing down my neck. All they ask is that I do my work, and when I'm done with my work, my time is mine to do with as I please (we finished work 2 hours ago and I've been surfing since then, gotta do something until quitting time). Hell, before it got too cold, we were outback playing football in the parking lot.

All told, I made a lateral move. The pay increase I got was balanced by the benefits I lost. But when they called the next day and offered the job, I leapt at it. There is something to be said for working in an atmosphere where you feel you truly belong, and I don't sit and look for excuses to call off anymore.
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
    =[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
    ==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
    =CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=
  • Options
    strauchrstrauchr Member Posts: 528 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've been to around 50 interviews in my time and the hardest question that always stumps me: "What would you describe as your weakness."

I know your meant to say something to spin it around into a positive and say something like "I just love work so much I work 80 hours a week for whatever you'll pay me because I'm a workaholic" but thats a tough question to answer.

I think its important to have a laugh with your interviewer, it shows you can "fit in" with them and if you can't have a laugh with them do you really want to work there?
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    My all time favorite question at the interview has to " Son, when can you start?" :D
  • Options
    lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    strauchr wrote:
    I've been to around 50 interviews in my time and the hardest question that always stumps me: "What would you describe as your weakness."
    Easy answer.. tell them you have a lack of patience for team members that don't carry their weight.

It's shows you're serious about getting a job done, and that you work well in groups.
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    There is something to be said for working in an atmosphere where you feel you truly belong, and I don't sit and look for excuses to call off anymore.

That's the truth. I'm doing basic helpdesk/repair type stuff right now, but the atmosphere is excellent. I get quite a bit of free time as long as I do what's needed, the people are excellent, etc. They are also extremely flexible with my school schedule. I am free to come and go as I please. I've passed on applying for a couple other jobs which I seemed suited for, simply because this one fits my current situation so well. I don't think I have actually minded coming to work one time since I began working here almost a year ago.
  • Options
    lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    you sound like me. even though there is other stuff out there, you're doing just fine where you are and you know it.

In the end, isnt that what we are all looking for?
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    Myself personally? Absolutely. I am the kind of person who is much more content doing a job I absolutely love, but taking less money for doing it. I like to buy things for myself every now and then, of course. Honestly, as long as I get a job I like, which affords me time off so I can travel to other countries, I'll be completely content. icon_wink.gif