Options

MacOS Server 10.6

Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
I am running a quick test lab and I sorta need a copy of MacOSX.6 server. Anyone know a partner doing a trials or something? Looks like Apple no longer is doing them from their site.
-Daniel

Comments

• Options
    ComputadoraComputadora Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If this is for a business you could try contacting Apple sales and see if they can provide you with a trial.
  • Options
    it_consultantit_consultant Member Posts: 1,903
    I have wanted a virtual platform of Mac Server for training for years. There are some hack VMDKs available for download but nothing lasts past a reboot. I am a Windows guy through and through but I am willing to try out new technology, Linux and UNIX (which is what mac server is anyway) make it so easy to try them out. Mac on the other hand, next to impossible.
  • Options
    exampasserexampasser Member Posts: 718 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm sure there are some working Mac VMware images out there but it may be violation of Apple's EULA. Most of them are available via torrents but of course there is the possibility of some of them being infected with malware.
  • Options
    it_consultantit_consultant Member Posts: 1,903
    exampasser wrote: »
    I'm sure there are some working Mac VMware images out there but it may be violation of Apple's EULA. Most of them are available via torrents but of course there is the possibility of some of them being infected with malware.

I wan't to do things honestly. If Mac does not support being run on VMware (VMware says Mac doesn't support it) then I wouldn't press the issue. It just demonstrates how deaf Mac can be to business customers.
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I have no trouble running MacOS on a Mac mini we picked up using Virtual Box. Runs great. So we were planning our test installs there.

So far no good. Apple has been unreponsive replying to my emails and their phone support was terrible. At the time this is taking $$ for $$ I can just go buy a copy and save my company more time.
    -Daniel