Options

thank you letter - what do you say?

I know this sounds stupid, but what do you guys generally say when you send one of these? I've never sent one before, and not sure how detailed or brief I should be.

Comments

• Options
    thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I usually thank them for taking time to meet with me and mention the position and give them some highlights about my expierence and skills for making me a good choice. I also finish the letter off with just supplying them with my contact phone number again. I will usually follow up with the company a week from the interview as well to find out if they need any other information from me.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • Options
    xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    Here's the last follow-up letter I sent. I must have done ok, considering I work there now icon_razz.gif I know I always like seeing examples of other peoples work, since you can borrow phrases and wording you like.

Dear Mr. X:

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to speak with me about the blah-blah position at blah-blah company. After the discussion with you and Mr. Y I believe that I would be a perfect candidate for this position, offering the experience and adaptability that you need in a technician.

Since you are going to reach a decision quickly, I would like to mention the following points, which qualify me for the job we discussed:

1. Extensive experience in desktop and network support.
    2. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
    3. Ability to work alone, seeing a project through from start to finish.
    4. Excellent customer service skills, including the ability to explain highly technical things to non-technical people.

As I stated before, I have the skills necessary to “hit the ground running” in this position and am excited about the possibility of joining your IT team. I look forward to hearing from you once the final decisions are made. Feel free to contact me anytime if further information is needed.

Thank you again for your time and consideration.
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V