GNS3+2 Switches for CCNA

_SyPhoN_SyPhoN Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Looking to take ICND1 and 2 , in about 2 months for icnd1 and then icnd2 a month afterwards to complete the ccna.
Im looking to use gns3 and 2xws-c2950-24 switches for my lab setup and cli practice . In your guys opinion will this suffice for my studying (as well as CBT Nug's + Wendell Odoms Cert Guide).

TIAicon_cheers.gif
Certified: A+, HP2-Q01 | In Progress: CCENT | On Deck: CCNA, Security+

Comments

• alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    GNS3 and a couple switches will be fine.

There's some info in the GNS3 documentation on connecting the switches to your virtualized routers, and here is another perspective. I'll also note that if you want to go all virtualized, look here.
  • _SyPhoN_SyPhoN Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    alan2308 wrote: »
    GNS3 and a couple switches will be fine.

There's some info in the GNS3 documentation on connecting the switches to your virtualized routers, and here is another perspective. I'll also note that if you want to go all virtualized, look here.

I was hoping that would be the case, nice!. Also on conn. switches to virtual routers answer, I was going to ask that question on my follow up response.

Thanks to this site I found freeccnaworkbook a few weeks ago (Good Stuff), there is tons of great information on this site. I have basically found most of my resources from info gathered on here, great stuff.

Side question: I bought W.Odom cisco press icnd1 book, and It didnt come with the disc. Would it be worth buying again in order to have whats on the disc ?
    Certified: A+, HP2-Q01 | In Progress: CCENT | On Deck: CCNA, Security+
  • xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    _SyPhoN wrote: »
    Side question: I bought W.Odom cisco press icnd1 book, and It didnt come with the disc. Would it be worth buying again in order to have whats on the disc ?

The only thing of value to me on the CD was the Boson practice exam. I have an account with Safari Books Online, but I purchased the hard copy as well, mainly for the practice exam. I like having a copy of the book anyway, but since you already have one it would probably depend on what the Boson test costs on its own.
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V