Options

looking for some war driving software

DoubleDDoubleD Member Posts: 273 ■□□□□□□□□□
hey guys i was looking for some war driving software
the one im after is a free one I think that has like Radars that tell you where the wireless is
on the Radars. can any one let me know where I could download this software from?
if any one knows what im going on about I would love it if you could help?

thanks doubled

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Netstumbler or Kismet. Get a USB GPS device for location info.
  • Options
    i had one that did this and thats the sort of thing im looking for any ideas on how to get the software that does it ? Netstumble didnt seem to do this so any other suggestions?

1248806754_wififofum_iphone_ipod_touch_00.jpg
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Have you done a search on wardriving tools? I was able to find a bunch of them that did exactly what you are asking for (and for free).

I'm assuming you are looking for them to get an in depth understanding of how folks war drive for prepping for Security+?
  • Options
    erpadmin wrote: »
    Have you done a search on wardriving tools? I was able to find a bunch of them that did exactly what you are asking for (and for free).

I'm assuming you are looking for them to get an in depth understanding of how folks war drive for prepping for Security+?

yeah too all that and i need it cos at work we are going round our network finding the acess points that have been hidden by an x collegue we were using insiider and netstumbler today they work really well.
    the boss asked me to find one with a Raydar Interface thats why I was asking.
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    DoubleD wrote: »
    i had one that did this and thats the sort of thing im looking for any ideas on how to get the software that does it ? Netstumble didnt seem to do this so any other suggestions?

1248806754_wififofum_iphone_ipod_touch_00.jpg

run the out put of net stumbler with a GPS, in to google maps and you would have that!

I remember once turning on my laptop, running netstumbler, throwing it on the back seat and driving to work.

Only about a 2 miles where it is built up, and yet still I found 100+ access points with about 40 unsecured!!! This was a few years back but shocking!!
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    search for wifi radar in google?
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    thanks devil wha