Options

New CCNP lab. What else?

jdogg737jdogg737 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all. I'm not sure if I have what is needed to pass SWITCH, ROUTE, and TSHOOT. Any suggestions on what else may be needed? Or comments?
I have the following:

2 Cisco 3550-EMI's
2 Cisco 2950-24's
2 2610XM's with 12.4
1 871W
1 2509 (TS router) /W octocables

Money is obviously an issue, so just looking for the bare essentials.

Comments

• Options
    tanixtanix Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    jdogg737 wrote: »
    Hello all. I'm not sure if I have what is needed to pass SWITCH, ROUTE, and TSHOOT. Any suggestions on what else may be needed? Or comments?
    I have the following:

2 Cisco 3550-EMI's
    2 Cisco 2950-24's
    2 2610XM's with 12.4
    1 871W
    1 2509 (TS router) /W octocables

Money is obviously an issue, so just looking for the bare essentials.

I haven't started the route as of yet, still meandering along on the switch.

As for the Switch, you have what is ideal and the 3350's will meet all your needs I think minus some PVLAN setups (I think I remember reading that they do not support such).

As for the route, it appears you have a good start if not everything you need. If money is a concern, just add dynamips/GNS3 into the mix to fill any gaps with equipment that you may be missing. It is free aside from getting a hold of the images and so cost to complete your lab would be zero.

Overall, I think you are pretty much there.

Do a search on this through the forums, this question gets asked quite a bit and I believe there are several replies suggesting the ideal lab or those that are adequate.
  • Options
    jdogg737jdogg737 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    tanix wrote: »
    I haven't started the route as of yet, still meandering along on the switch.

As for the Switch, you have what is ideal and the 3350's will meet all your needs I think minus some PVLAN setups (I think I remember reading that they do not support such).

As for the route, it appears you have a good start if not everything you need. If money is a concern, just add dynamips/GNS3 into the mix to fill any gaps with equipment that you may be missing. It is free aside from getting a hold of the images and so cost to complete your lab would be zero.

Overall, I think you are pretty much there.

Do a search on this through the forums, this question gets asked quite a bit and I believe there are several replies suggesting the ideal lab or those that are adequate.

Appreciate the info. This Cisco stuff can cause brokeness if your not careful. Should pay off in the end (hopefully) icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    stallstall Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi mate,

I'm building mine up at the mo. I added a 2522 router to use as Frame Relay. I think you can probably pick up something cheaper than what I paid for it (around £50) and I think its still a topic addressed on the CCNP.

Cheers
  • Options
    creamy_stewcreamy_stew Member Posts: 406 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well, that looks good IMO. I'd like another switch, but for cisco recommended designs, you probably wouldn't need it.

For more advanced ROUTE scenarios, just go for GNS3.
    Itchy... Tasty!
    [X] DCICN
    [X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
    [ ] DCICT
  • Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    stall wrote: »
    Hi mate,

I'm building mine up at the mo. I added a 2522 router to use as Frame Relay. I think you can probably pick up something cheaper than what I paid for it (around £50) and I think its still a topic addressed on the CCNP.

Cheers

Nice pickup snaring a 2522, they are a great bargain as an FR switch as the price has gone down. You wind up with more FR interfaces than you'll know what to do with!

icon_thumright.gif