Overview of Certificate Authority

JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
Greetings, been super busy on my end, however I wanted to pick a few folks brains here.

Where I work at, we are running into alot of issues of certificate authority and I'm not sure how to troubleshoot the issues, because I don't have alot of knowledge about them.

1. Besides Wikipedia, can anyone recommend a good place to start reading up on CA?

2. Here are two examples I've run into at work

-Person called saying her computer (Win XP) was locked up at the Win XP Black logo screen. Had her reboot and I started to check the app log and sound that AOL installed a CA to her computer. However I wasn't able to find any AOL software under Add/Remove, file system or the Registry. So I have no idea why that computer had an AOL CA installed on it.

-Also sometimes we get calls where people get screen pops of CA, and there not sure why. Come to find out Java or Adobe Reader has been updated. Not sure why a CA would be involved?

thanks
***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
-unknown