Options

could someone suggest a book?

HI,

I am planning on going for the 70-270 for my 3rd cert and so far on the practice tests I have been scoring around 80%, problem is, I havent studied yet!!! On my net+ and A+ i used the for dummies books coupled with the mike myers travel books and scored perfect scores on all 3 tests.

Are there any comparably easyto read books for the 70-270? Also, could someone direct me to some good practice tests that i could take online or download?

Thanks

Josh A
A+, Network+, Workin on MCP
Josh
A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, TICSA, CCNA, MCSA, AS Network Engineering

Comments

• Options
    dosed69dosed69 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    As far as practice exams go, try the test on this site. The tech notes are excellent addition to most text books. I'm using the Microsoft books to study for this myself. I've heard lots of people reccomend Sybex books, although I haven't ever used them myself. As well for practice exams Transcender is the best if you can afford them. If you order an exam voucher from www.cramsession.com, you can order a package deal where you get Preplogic practice exams for pretty cheap with your voucher. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    cliffjag1987cliffjag1987 Member Posts: 206
    Hey i am studying for 70-270 too. How can you make 80% without studying first. I think if you read a book you will be making the 100%. I am using Sybex book. I should tell you its good and goes more into the topics. You can also try the technotes from here (this site) and the one from mcmcse.com. They also got practice exams. And also if you can afford buying some transcenders or preplogic or selftest software or measure up , can buy one of them. They are most of the best practice exams (that are said by people itself) with me also icon_wink.gif . I will say go ahead read the book and make as many practice exams as you can.

I wish you good luck,

CLIFF,
  • Options
    lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    I used examcram 2. If you are pulling 80s you might only need the technotes to fill in any gaps and/or give you a different perspective on things.

Good luck!
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.
  • Options
    confuzzconfuzz Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I was told the for dummies books aren't worth all that much as for studying for the 70-270, but I don't know....