CCDA/CCDP Refresh V2.1 NEW

chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
I guess I will be the first to post this since I dont see it anywhere located in the CCDA/CCDP forum.

Cisco announced a small update to the current exams, last day to test on the current v2.0 is Nov 7th. https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9581

Does anyone have any other news regarding this update? I plan on tackling the CCDP before december, not sure if i should buy the current book or wait for a new updated one? icon_rolleyes.gif
Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX

Comments

• GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    There is a very good chance there will not even be an updated book, and if there is, I wouldn't expect it for at least a year.

I say either try and take it sooner, or study with today's materials and just focus on what changed for the exam via the blueprints.
  • down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    Cisco has already announced the need to refocus their exams which they started doing; take the CCNP changes for exams which allows for more "specialization" within core Routing, Switching, and Troubleshooting. The updated blueprints seem to contain much of the core knowledge that the previous version had but one line sticks out like a sore thumb:

* Describe enterprise network virtualization tools

The change seems to coincide with the diversification of their product and service portfolios. I'm sure we will find a number of new marketing angles and selected technologies for all of us to learn/review/etc while at the same time requiring a deeper mastery of concepts like the Network Design Metholodgy, PPDIOO, SONA, etc etc etc.

Regardless I had signed up for an October 15 CCDA attempt before I knew about the announcement. Guess I will be spending a little more time reviewing the Teare Self Study Guide.. ohh and drinking lot more caffeine to stay awake through it!
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • qplayedqplayed Member Posts: 303
    Good luck @down77 I'm signed up to take it end of october. Btw I see CCDP is requiring Route/Switch, does that apply if you have a current CCNP?
    If you cannot express in a sentence or two what
    you intend to get across, then it is not focused
    well enough.
    —Charles Osgood, TV commentator
  • down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    qplayed wrote: »
    Good luck @down77 I'm signed up to take it end of october. Btw I see CCDP is requiring Route/Switch, does that apply if you have a current CCNP?

You may want to check the certification planner but I believe if your CCNP has been renewed within the last 3 years the BCMSN/BSCI will satisfy the ROUTE/SWITCH requirements. The new ARCH exam will be released Nov 8 and I had read under the cisco forums that it will contain around 80% of the previous material.

As a a side note I inquired with INE about the CCDA/CCDP self study packages and I was very impressed that Anthony Sequeria himself responded back to me and confirmed that they are planning to provide the CCDA v2.1 content (free upgrade) after Nov 8 and the CCDP content will be delivered for the new release when it's presented in November. I went ahead and picked up the CCDA package and saved a bit of money by using the discount coupon that is good until tomorrow. It follows very closely with the Self Study v2.0 material and I'm not falling asleep like I was during the CBT Nuggets CCDA Update series!

Good look and I look forward to hearing your progress
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
    looks like BSCI/BCMSN counts for DP if I attempt it...hrmm interesting, I might just attempt it :D
    well enough.
    The changes aren't that huge. I've compiled a few resources for anyone taking v2.1

Describe the Methodology used to design a network
    - Describe developing business trends
    -If anyone has a resource for this subject it'd be much appreciated if you shared :D
    - Describe the tools/process to characterize an existing network
    - Chapter 2 pg 83-107 (Teare 2nd Ed.)

Design Basic Enterprise Campus Networks
    - Describe enterprise network virtualization tools
    - Chapter 4 pg 268-276 (Teare 2nd Ed.)
    Network Virtualization [Design Zone for Campus] - Cisco Systems or

Design Enterprise Edge and Remote Network Modules
    - Describe physical and logical WAN connectivity
    - Chpater 5 Pg 293-315 (Teare 2nd Ed.)

Design network services
    - Describe high-level voice and video architectures
    - Identify the design considerations for voice/video services

Should apply to both subject above:
    Video Collaboration [Design Zone for Video] - Cisco Systems
    Design Zone for Video - Cisco Systems
    well enough.
  • SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Interesting network virtualization design, that might be a fun read.
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Thanks for posting this. I plan on studying for CCDA/CCDP over the Christmas break at my job. I tried to do it in September but those first three chapters in the Teare book were snooze fests (and I was trying to read multiple chapters a day).

Do you think the latest top-down network book will also aid?
    The Teare book is all you need. Top-Down will help you up to a certain point, I used it only for sections that related to the blueprint.
    well enough.
  • SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    qplayed wrote: »
    The Teare book is all you need.

That's good to know, I've already been through that book a few times already. Of course CCDA isn't exactly on my cert schedule anytime soon.
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • AlanJamesAlanJames Member Posts: 230
    this new curriculum looks great! I was going to finish my CCVP, But I've been put on data centre builds/design, so I'm going to hit this up :D
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I was at microcenter and started reading Top Down while in the store. I might pick that up and the new CCDA book when I go for the CCDA.