VCP-410 Passed

bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
Well, I guess the title says it all. After being kinda late with the VCP3 and just about getting it in before the deadline in March, I'm happy to have got this one done before ESX5 is out :D. I'm just hoping dynamik and astorrs didn't make any bets, but I'll gratefully accept a beer or two :)

I used the VMware pdf manuals (both 4.0 and 4.1), a couple of excellent books (Scott Lowes Mastering vSphere being a favourite) and kept checking out various internet blogs - and read world experience of course. I did the two day 'vSphere Whats New' course in June. Exam wise, it was fair game and even though I threw in a couple of 'Hail Marys' along the way I felt pretty confident towards the end.

On a more personal note, I usually (secretly) dedicate an exam pass after a lot of study to my loved ones but in this case I'd like to dedicate it to all the guys and gals who helped me on this path, knowingly or not. I've picked up an awful lot from other TechExams members (too numerous to name) as well as some of the peers I look up to and I really appreciate them dedicating so much time to updating their virtualisation blogs and websites - Jason Boche, Scott Lowe, Alan Renouf, Duncan Epping, Scott Vessey et all immediately spring to mind but I've forgotten a few..... so apologies If I missed anyone.
Awesome job folks, and thank you TE members icon_thumright.gif

I'll be having a few beers tonight for sure and I'm off for a few days now to celebrate my birthday - queue beer and a much neglected xbox360 :). After that work would like me to pass the MCTS:HyperV-R2 exam so that's next up for me and I'm on a weeks EMC CLARiiON course in Reading next week so I'm considering the EMCISA too.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln

Comments

• RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Many, many congratulations and thanks for all your help!
  • Chris:/*Chris:/* Member Posts: 658 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations, now I have to do the same after October. What is this thing you talk of called video games. I have heard Starcraft 2 calling my name for months but have not been able to play it since July. Cheers man and congrats on the pass.
    Degrees:
    M.S. Information Security and Assurance
    B.S. Computer Science - Summa Cum Laude
    A.A.S. Electronic Systems Technology
  • scott28ttscott28tt Member Posts: 686 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations, and thanks for the mention too! icon_smile.gif

Scott.
    VCP2 / VCP3 / VCP4 / VCP5 / VCAP4-DCA / VCI / vExpert 2010-2012
    Blog - http://vmwaretraining.blogspot.com
    Twitter - http://twitter.com/vmtraining
    Email - vmtraining.blog@gmail.com
  • azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats on the pass. Are you going to persue any more VMWare certs? I signed up for the VCAP4-DCA exam and it is scheduled for the end of December.
    Currently Studying:
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD)
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Thanks guys. Yes, once I've got the HyperV R2 MCTS out of the way I'll be able to dedicate more time to the VCAP path - it'll take some time I think but should be enjoyable. Let us know your experiences (staying within the NDA obviously) when you take it and what materials you used - I'd be interested in that. Good luck!
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln