Options

Sitting 70-680 today, 9/30/10 @ Noon(CST -6)

Scheduled the test for noon since the early slots were all taken.

Ready to wrap this one up and finish out the MCITP:EA :)
1) CCNP Goal: by August 2012

Comments

• Options
    gatewaygateway Member Posts: 232
    Best of luck with it! I'm sure you'll be fine, it's a good test.
    Blogging my AWS studies here! http://www.itstudynotes.uk/aws-csa
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck! What did you use to study?
  • Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck for you
  • Options
    genXrcistgenXrcist Member Posts: 531
    xmalachi wrote: »
    Good luck! What did you use to study?

I used the 70-680 CBTNuggets video series, the MS-Press 70-680 book and I labbed a lot of the Windows imaging stuff on Hyper-V.

All in all, I feel pretty confident and moreover, Windows 7 really is a great operating system. :)
  • Options
    genXrcist wrote: »
    I used the 70-680 CBTNuggets video series, the MS-Press 70-680 book and I labbed a lot of the Windows imaging stuff on Hyper-V.

All in all, I feel pretty confident and moreover, Windows 7 really is a great operating system. :)

That should be enough to nail it, and yes it's a great system full of features.

what time is your exam ?
  • Options
    Noon today CST. -6 behind the international dateline. So in about 2.5 hours I'll be sitting it. :)
  • Options
    DoubleDDoubleD Member Posts: 273 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Chances are he is still taking it unless he killed it in 20 minutes.
  • Options
    Took me about 40 minutes but the test proctor wanted to show me their new HD delivery system that they're going to use for Cisco class delivery. Then I had to drive back to the office so I'm just now sitting down to post. :)

Killed it with a 900! :) Guess I over-prep'd this one a bit.

Interesting exam with a few things not in the book but overall, I'd say the MS Press book is a great study material to use.

I will say that the test was quite a bit easier having done the 70-649 & 70-647 exams first. :)

Thanks everyone!
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif

Congratulations on the killer score!
    Now it's time for you to do some celebrating after work.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Congrats man, awesome score!
  • Options
    mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!!
  • Options
    ZillatechZillatech Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Took me about 40 minutes but the test proctor wanted to show me their new HD delivery system that they're going to use for Cisco class delivery. Then I had to drive back to the office so I'm just now sitting down to post. :)

Killed it with a 900! :) Guess I over-prep'd this one a bit.

Congratulations on passing and on the great score!

BTW, how would you rate the CBT Nuggets course for this exam? I was thinking about using that one too but I'm not sure I want to spend any more $$$ right now. How much would you say it helped if you hadn't used the MS-Press 70-680 book? Could you have passed with just the Nugget course and labs?
  • Options
    Zillatech wrote: »
    Congratulations on passing and on the great score!

BTW, how would you rate the CBT Nuggets course for this exam? I was thinking about using that one too but I'm not sure I want to spend any more $$$ right now. How much would you say it helped if you hadn't used the MS-Press 70-680 book? Could you have passed with just the Nugget course and labs?

Honestly, I think the MS-Press book would have been enough but that's because it was my last exam and thus, a lot of the new features were still fresh in my mind.

The CBTNuggets course was awesome for the bootable VHD concept. Being able to watch that was great. The rest of it, I think it was helpful for me only to the degree that it reinforced what I was reading and helped it stick better.

Hope that helps!
  • Options
    Congratulations great score , I agree with you MS book is enough with some labbing/testing to Win 7 features it should be an easy pass.
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    That's a solid score, nice work!
  • Options
    Psoasman wrote: »
    That's a solid score, nice work!

Thanks psoasman!
  • Options
    BradHBradH Member Posts: 160

Interesting exam with a few things not in the book but overall, I'd say the MS Press book is a great study material to use.

Thanks everyone!

I have to agree with this. I did my exam on the Tuesday last week. There were a few questions that I simply shook my head at thinking where the heck did they pull this one from???

Anyway didn't score as high as you however was in the high 800's which I was pleased about.

Only one to go for my EA 70-647.

Congrats on your great score!
    EA Path - 70-643 - Passed - 70-680 - Passed - 70-647 - To Complete