Options

NTP Update-Calendar

skwira001skwira001 Member Posts: 94 ■■■□□□□□□□
I bought one of those CCNA Security pods off of Ebay. I can't get the ntp update-calendar command to work, and the lab from the official CCNA Security lab manual is telling me to run this command. My IOS flash file name is c2600-adventerprisek9-mz.124-15.T14.bin I have all kinds of different images that came on a CD. This just seems weird because it's one of the latest versions of the IOS.

Comments

• Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Your router doesn't have a battery backed RTC so therefore don't have the ntp update-calendar option.
  • Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    tiersten wrote: »
    Your router doesn't have a battery backed RTC so therefore don't have the ntp update-calendar option.

Does it not work due to the lack of a real time clock backup or is the command unavailable because the system is not finding the battery? Hopefully the latter is true, but I've run across a lot of commands that are available whether they work or not.

+1 or higher to Tiersten's answer as I have found him to be very reliable with answers despite the fact that he is not from Philadelphia.

:)
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Netwurk wrote: »
    Does it not work due to the lack of a real time clock backup or is the command unavailable because the system is not finding the battery?
    No RTC in a 2600/2600XM so the command doesn't exist at all.