CCNA - 1st Attempt Failed

ChronusMaximusChronusMaximus Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
So I did my first attempt on the CCNA (640-802) last Wednesday and scored a 745. icon_sad.gif I was a little bummed out for a few days but this weekend I looked over my scores and realized I just needed a little more practice. Going to take a few weeks off and pick up the studying again. If you are planning on taking it soon, practice simulations like crazy!
WIP: CCNA

Comments

• ajmatsonajmatson Member Posts: 289
    Keep your head up, like you said just study hard on your weak areas and you will get it next time. If you don't mind me asking what did you use for your studies? Did you use a lab or GNS3/Packet Tracer?

Good luck.
    Working on currently:
    Masters Degree Information Security and Assurance (WGU) / Estimated 06/01/2016
    Next Up: CCNP Routing Exam | Certified Ethical Hacker Exam
    Cisco Lab: ASA 5506-X, GNS3, 1x 2801 Router, 1x 2650XM, 1x 3750-48TS-E switch, 2x 3550 EMI Switches and 1x 2950T swtich.
    Juniper Lab: 1x SRX100H2, 1x J2320 (1GB Flash/1GB RAM, JunOS 11.4R7.5), and 4 JunOS Firefly vSRX Routers in VMWare ESXi 5.1
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Sorry to hear the bad news. Since you were so close you should probably get back at it as soon as possible. Iron out the rough areas and try again You'll bring back a win next time.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear... take a look at your scores, lab up the areas in which you didn't score as well... you're not the first, and you definitely will not be the last. This exam is not easy! Good luck on your next attempt! icon_thumright.gif

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • ChronusMaximusChronusMaximus Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the encouragement. I will probably start back soon. @ajmatson: I used the Cisco Press books, CBT Nuggets (Great videos), and Packet Tracer.
    WIP: CCNA
  • bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear... take a look at your scores, lab up the areas in which you didn't score as well... you're not the first, and you definitely will not be the last. This exam is not easy! Good luck on your next attempt! icon_thumright.gif

-Peanut

+1 to this. Even though I did pass, I have to say it was one of the hardest exams I've ever taken.
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Make sure you compare your score report to the exam blueprint over on the Cisco Network Learning website -- if you haven't already.

You definitely want to work on the weak areas from your score report, but you also want to "keep what you got," so make sure you still spend some time reviewing the topics you good on.

Luck of the draw on question from the exam pool could have given you the "easy questions" in one of the topics -- or just a couple questions -- while your next exam could hit you with all the "hard questions" they have on a topic and keep them coming until your head explodes.

Good Luck on the rematch!! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I hate to keep admitting it, but I failed CCNA on my first try.

:)

The Cisco tests are tough on the first go, they have goofy testlets that suck up time and make you rush through the rest of the test.

Anyhow, like a knocked down boxer, you need to jump back up from the canvas and knock it out on the rematch.

Go for it bud!

icon_mrgreen.gif
  • SMR511SMR511 Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    And Chronus, You will pass that exam. I failed my first ICND2, looked at the weak area and took a (ahem...) 25% to a 92% the second time around.