Options

Friday....

confuzzconfuzz Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
the teacher said to go ahead and take it, we've only had the book for 4 classes when I go to take it, haven't taken any practice exams on it yet, so I don't know how I'm gonna do....

Comments

• Options
    woodwormwoodworm Member Posts: 153
    I would say you should definately take a few self test first

http://www.certtutor.net/Index.cfm?Ad=1

Good luck
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    confuzz wrote:
    the teacher said to go ahead and take it, we've only had the book for 4 classes when I go to take it, haven't taken any practice exams on it yet, so I don't know how I'm gonna do....

wow, I would study.
  • Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I received my study material for this exam the other day and after looking over the exam topics and the book I couldn't imagine taking this exam with no less than a month of study, unless you have the experience dealing with it already.

At least download the transcender free demo exam and see where you stand after 10 questions.
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Don't treat this one lightly if you want to pass. I've read quite a bit on this exam in about 3 different books, set up a 2003 domain a couple of times, and played around with a few short practice exams here and there. I went back to studying for the 70-210 for now.

If you have a good deal of experience using this OS, you might feel better about surviving it than I do.

Whatever your decision is, Best of luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    here's the weird thing.... we'll go through the stuff in the book and I'll do ok on the homework before and after the lectures and the quizzes and review tests the next class and we'll do the labs or the teacher will leave the book and have us do something and I'll be able to do it and can do it still, but when I go to take the actual exams, I fail.... same with xp, if they put us in the actual situations in the test questions on the exam and have us fix an actual computer, I can do it no problem.... I odn't know, I'll pass it eventually....
  • Options
    it's a good thing that pearson vue lets the it academy people take the exams for $60 instead of the $125 and then with the free retake offer they have right now up until the 15th, yay....
  • Options
    went to the certtutor site, took a 10 question practice exam, got a 50%, according to them, I passed, but I'm not happy.... that's with one reading chapter 1 in the book, going over 1 and 2 and 5-part of 7 in class and skipping over 3 and 4.... using that microsoft official academic course book for 70-290, gotta go back and look at the questions and see if the ones I got right were stuff we've actually went over of if it's stuff I guessed on....
  • Options
    lol, if they'd give partial credit for the multiple answer questions, I'd have done alot better.... missed those 3 or 4 of those by one answer, the other single answer questions, I got it down to two answers and I was choosing between the right one and a wrong one, so I should be ok, do alittle studying on what we haven't went over yet, I should be ok.... and then it's on to taking XP again, for the 3rd time....
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    but when I go to take the actual exams, I fail....

Are you focuing too much on being able to do it in real life? Get a copy of the exam objectives from MS and be sure you know each one in detail. Try to focus on what MS wants from you.
  • Options
    Orion82698Orion82698 Member Posts: 483
    It's better to be over prepared then to underestimate the complexity of this test. As others have said, take some practice tests and see how you score. If you are knocking them out, then go for it.

Best of luck!

C
    WIP Vacation ;-)

Porsche..... there is no substitute!
  • Options
    lol, not much I can do since I already registered.... according to the teacher, half of the book is the same as what we learned from the xp book, I'm doing a last minute study thing before the test, we've only got two chapters left in the book, so if I fail, it's not from not being exposed to it, it's from me.... but I get a free retake and at least I'll know what the questions are going to be like....
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    confuzz wrote:
    it's a good thing that pearson vue lets the it academy people take the exams for $60 instead of the $125 and then with the free retake offer they have right now up until the 15th, yay....

Whats this deal? Give me this offer & I'll have my MCSA done before the 15th.
  • Options
    it only applies if you're a student at a microsoft IT academy.... it was on the pearson vue site, on the left side under all the links, the pic of the girl with the book, when I registered for this test, the link wasn't up there.... from what I've heard, you take the test, pay $60 and as long as you take it before the 15th, you get a free retake if you fail, but the retake has to be done before the 15th.... some of the people in my class said as long as you register for the free retake before the 15th, you have until the 28th to take it....

I failed, by the way.... 437, which doens't make much sense when you look at the sectional results they gave me.... 100% on managing and maintaining physical and logical devices, somewhere between 50 and 70% on managing and maintaining a server environment and managing user, computers, and groups, and between 30 and 40% on managing and implementing disaster recovery and managing and maintaining access to resources.... assuming all questions are weighted the same and questions are distributed equally between the sections, I should have a 664.... I'll bet I do like I did on the xp test and reverse the section results....