Final lab setup, 2 weeks out from CCENT

PhildoBagginsPhildoBaggins Member Posts: 276
My ICND1 is scheduled for the 20th.

This is my final lab setup that I will use to play will all the features, protocols, concepts for the CCENT test

Any suggestions? Keep in mind I didnt label everything...its 4 in the morning i'm dead tired.....

2n8bic9.jpg

Comments

• SomnipotentSomnipotent Member Posts: 384
    you have more than you "need" with that topology for ICND 1. convert one of those routers into a frame switch and you'll be set for ICND 2 :)

i do have one question... why so many router-on-a-sticks?
    Reading: Internetworking with TCP/IP: Principles, Protocols, and Architecture (D. Comer)
  • PhildoBagginsPhildoBaggins Member Posts: 276
    you have more than you "need" with that topology for ICND 1. convert one of those routers into a frame switch and you'll be set for ICND 2 :)

i do have one question... why so many router-on-a-sticks?

Lol, I got all 3 2620's for like 30 bucks lol. So I figured why not have an overly complicated inter-vlan routing setup.
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Lol, I got all 3 2620's for like 30 bucks lol. So I figured why not have an overly complicated inter-vlan routing setup.

You appear to think quite similarly to the way I think. icon_mrgreen.gif
    I might drop a link from the 831 to the core 2900 who knows, then make one link a backup...lets get craaaazzzyyyy

Soon i'm going to add a frame cloud and a few more routers in there with redundant links, layer 3 switches on both sides of the cloud...really try to ghetto duplicate the stupid large network my day job supports
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If you're going to add a frame cloud, then make sure you're really adding a frame cloud. icon_mrgreen.gif
    Took Exam Cram test 2, totaly new, first shot was 94%. woot. I'm feeling pretty ready. I got alot of time to tie up loose knowledge ends :)