what can i expect??

majkowskidmajkowskid Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
i took the practice exams on this site and make about an 85%. is this good enough to pass? also, how similar are the questions on the real test in difficulty to the ones on the exam?

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I'll leave the comparisson with the real exam up to others because I'm biased ;) But if you study the topics of that 15% you missed and know everything from my TechNotes, it is good enough to pass. Try other practice exams as well (see link section on www.techexams.net/co_netplus.shtml ) though. And our online practice exams are just a subset of the complete set in the special edition.

What other study material are you using to prepare for the exam?
  • majkowskidmajkowskid Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    well, i took a class last week... it was a network plus class, 5 days, went over the book. i'm studying the all-in-one network+ book that was given to me in that class, but that class moved VERY fast, and the instructor kind of went of base a BUNCH. what i've learned i learned mostly from reading that entire book through this weekend. i'll be sure to study the materials you told me about.
  • Orion82698Orion82698 Member Posts: 483
    Don't limit yourself to just one practice test. If you take it enough times, it will become more memory, then knowledge. As much as I love this site, you do need to check out some more practice tests. As the Webmaster said before (which by the way Johan, it's weird seeing another advitar) MCMCSE is a good test site too. Make sure you know your ports, OSI model.... and pretty much the objective like the back of your hand. If you don't know the objective, here it is

http://www.comptia.org/certification/Network/objectives.aspx

Good luck!

C
    WIP Vacation ;-)

Porsche..... there is no substitute!
  • reloadedreloaded Member Posts: 235
    I'd say study from several more sources. When I took mine, I studied from at least 5 sources (3 books, existing knowledge, practice tests). Follow the CompTIA objectives and make sure you know something about every one. For the test, there are many port, OSI model, and troubleshooting questions. If you feel comfortable with the above mentioned, you should be good to go. Good luck. :)
    Reloaded~4~Ever