Options

M$ to invest Billions on new Datacenters for moves to Cloud Computing

earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
Just saw this through the CompTIA brief. Microsoft seems to be seeing trends and is hoping to not only go with them but to jumstart the trends.
Microsoft’s Ballmer to Invest Billions in Cloud Data Centers - BusinessWeek
No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.

Comments

• Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Just competing with google. Funny how he says how he is going to take on google in this post, and then apple in the other one a few days ago. Whats next?
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The same CompTIA brief that came from had something about AMD looking to be taken over. Maybe M$ will be looking to get into the Chip business too.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    earweed wrote: »
    The same CompTIA brief that came from had something about AMD looking to be taken over. Maybe M$ will be looking to get into the Chip business too.

LOL

It actually wouldn't be too surprising. It would be Kind of funny that MS worked nearly exclusively with Intel for years and then ended up buying AMD. We will just have to wait and see
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    LOL

It actually wouldn't be too surprising. It would be Kind of funny that MS worked nearly exclusively with Intel for years and then ended up buying AMD. We will just have to wait and see

As hilarious as that prospect is, it will never, ever happen. WinTel was bad enough for both MS and Intel and both companies had to discourage their respective employees from ever referring to that partnership as such. "WinAMD" (if MS bought them) will surely incur the wrath of both the US and EU in a fashion much worst than the last Anti-Trust complaint filed against MS. No one wants to see MS get too big, which I always thought was sad.......as MS (and Google) was (were) always a great example of what US Capitalism is and what it should be. There is never such a thing as "too big a company."

Of course, that's not to say I agree with "too big to fail...", as every company should fail if risks were taken and didn't pay off. That's like me putting a million bucks on "red", the ball is on "black" and I ask the government to bail me out! I should expect to get laughed at, and rightfully so.
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I always thought "Wintel" meant Windows OS and Intel class processors since the two names became synonymous with OS and CPU.
  • Options
    I don't think MS would have a problem with anti-trust action. With apple eating up a larger part of the market, and google being in the mix now. Microsoft and AMD just doesn't seem to be much of a monopoly. And of course that intel is once again highly respected in the processor market, thanks to their new i series processors.

But I agree, I think it is doubtful.