Options

Grab a cup, I'm pouring the champagne...

phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
Passed with an 864 this morning. Given my minimal amount of study, the exam was actually pretty easy. Suprisingly not very many questions on the cryptography domain but a bunch on networking. I used CBT Nuggets, TrainSignal, and the Sybex book but I didnt really study much like I have with all the other exams I've taken. My degree is in InfoSec so I think that helped alot. On to 70-293 to finish mcse icon_cheers.gif

Comments

• Options
    DoubleDDoubleD Member Posts: 273 ■□□□□□□□□□
    well done
    i told you its a walk in the park
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulations!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass, and a very nice score too! :D

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Holy crap, he's actually done. Now just one more *looks around*

Remember when this was going to be a 1 2 3 thing? If I would have scheduled my test tomorrow it still would have been lol.

Congrats!
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Well done and congratulations!icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    Unforg1venUnforg1ven Member Posts: 108
    congrats m8! Nice score.
    Next on Tap>> WGU B.S. IT - Network Administration
    MCSA:2008 Complete >> Capstone left!

####################################
    "One of God's own prototypes... too weird to live, too rare to die..."
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats !
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    waberenswaberens Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Passed mine on Saturday Oct. 2.
  • Options
    K_RichK_Rich Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!! Hoorah, pass me a glass please.
  • Options
    sthompson86sthompson86 Member Posts: 370
    phoeneous wrote: »
    P Suprisingly not very many questions on the cryptography domain but a bunch on networking. I used CBT Nuggets, TrainSignal, and the Sybex book

Congrats man! I am very glad to here that it did not have much cryptography questions, for that is my weak area. I am also using the same study materials as you plus the Exam cram book, which I am using as the icing on the cake.

Off topic kinda - did you get much out of the videos? I find I learn more from the books, and then use the videos to feel in what may have confused me in the book.

Congrats once again ulTRA yO!/
    Currently Reading: Again to Carthage - CCNA/Security
  • Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    congrats!
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    Congrats man! I am very glad to here that it did not have much cryptography questions, for that is my weak area. I am also using the same study materials as you plus the Exam cram book, which I am using as the icing on the cake.

Off topic kinda - did you get much out of the videos? I find I learn more from the books, and then use the videos to feel in what may have confused me in the book.

Congrats once again ulTRA yO!/

The most I got was from the train signal videos. I only used the book for the practice tests and the chapter review questions. I learn best with lab and/or videos. I'd say about 80% of the questions were basic infosec for me, there were a few questions that the study material helped on but not a deal breaker in terms of pass or fail.

It is a very good test for foundational infosec knowledge. Anyone looking to get into IT security should take it.
  • Options
    sthompson86sthompson86 Member Posts: 370
    phoeneous wrote: »
    The most I got was from the train signal videos. I only used the book for the practice tests and the chapter review questions. I learn best with lab and/or videos. I'd say about 80% of the questions were basic infosec for me, there were a few questions that the study material helped on but not a deal breaker in terms of pass or fail.

It is a very good test for foundational infosec knowledge. Anyone looking to get into IT security should take it.

Gotcha. Yea I like Trainsignal a wholeee lot better over CBT. With CBT I get tired of all the whiteboarding sloppyness lol.

BTW what is INFOSEC? Thanks
    Currently Reading: Again to Carthage - CCNA/Security
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats man!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    BTW what is INFOSEC? Thanks

Information Security
  • Options
    erpadmin wrote: »
    Information Security

Yeah, what he said :)
  • Options
    TrainSignalEricTrainSignalEric Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    That's a solid score, nice work!
  • Options
    Psoasman wrote: »
    That's a solid score, nice work!

I still can't believe it myself. When I say I didn't study much, I didn't study much at all. I honestly thought I was going to walk out of there with a 764. The questions are very straightforward.