CCNA releated PodCast

ZeroHunterZeroHunter Member Posts: 148
I listen to a bunch of the TWiT (network) podcast, and I was thinking to myself last night, 'self, do you think there are any CCNx podcast?'.

Turns out there are several:

CCNA Podcast - there only seems to be one of these, with a date of July/2009

Packet Pushers Podcast - there is about 30 of these and they seem to still be active.

Cisco hands on Training Podcast - There is a little over 40 of these, but it seems to have ended around March of this year, I have started with this series as it started out at the most basic (which is what I like & need) & its an enhanced Podcast in that it has Picture (pictures good), graphs, diagrams and charts. They all have a release date of this year, but I think they might be older as he mentions the price of 2501 Routers being ALOT higher then they are.

Anyone else listen to any of these things?
Z3r0

Skool: Herzing Univ for CCNA
c0op3r.com

Comments

• peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I listen to the Packet Pushers! Their show is very good and informative with relative data. It's not your traditional "training" style like the Cisco Hands on Training podcast (I listened to them) by Darrell Root or something like that. The Packet Pushers are a bunch of smart guys (and girls) that discuss relevant topics in the current networking industry. They also invite guest from the active Blogging community to discuss various topics. Some of their information is WAAAAY above my knowledge but they discuss it in a way in which I can grasp the idea of what they are trying to relate. HTH.

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    ZeroHunter wrote: »
    (pictures good)
    Indeed.

Nah but it is a good idea for my road trips for work. Thanks for the share!
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • mtorresmtorres Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I listen to a bunch of the TWiT (network) podcast, and I was thinking to myself last night, 'self, do you think there are any CCNx podcast?'.

Turns out there are several:

CCNA Podcast - there only seems to be one of these, with a date of July/2009

Packet Pushers Podcast - there is about 30 of these and they seem to still be active.

Cisco hands on Training Podcast - There is a little over 40 of these, but it seems to have ended around March of this year, I have started with this series as it started out at the most basic (which is what I like & need) & its an enhanced Podcast in that it has Picture (pictures good), graphs, diagrams and charts. They all have a release date of this year, but I think they might be older as he mentions the price of 2501 Routers being ALOT higher then they are.

I have never heard of these before but that is pretty cool i'm glad you posted this i'm going to start listening to some of these.
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    Packet Pushers is one I eagerly await each week. I hear about things that have real world practical application that I can go study about instead of just learning what Cisco thinks I need to know.
  • stuh84stuh84 Member Posts: 503
    Packet Pushers is the best one I've heard, for the reasons mentioned already, its about people using it, not people learning it. It's one thing to know how it works, its another thing to see why it doesn't work.

The fact that they bring people in from the industry as well to talk about it just makes it that much better. Definitely a fan.

I did use the Cisco hands on training ones during my CCNA studies, but they dont go much beyond the CCNA level to be honest. There are some which touch on CCNP level topics, but everything Daryl is doing in them I've now gone beyond. This for me is the problem with the training style ones, as they lose their usefulness once you've gone beyond what they are teaching.
    Work In Progress: CCIE R&S Written

CCIE Progress - Hours reading - 15, hours labbing - 1
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    stuh84 wrote: »
    Packet Pushers is the best one I've heard, for the reasons mentioned already, its about people using it, not people learning it. It's one thing to know how it works, its another thing to see why it doesn't work.

The fact that they bring people in from the industry as well to talk about it just makes it that much better. Definitely a fan.

I did use the Cisco hands on training ones during my CCNA studies, but they dont go much beyond the CCNA level to be honest. There are some which touch on CCNP level topics, but everything Daryl is doing in them I've now gone beyond. This for me is the problem with the training style ones, as they lose their usefulness once you've gone beyond what they are teaching.

Stuh has an unwavering bias for Packet Pushers since they mentioned him and his blog on one of their shows... icon_lol.gif

BTW... I purchased one of those Nokia IP 330 from ebay about a week ago so it should be in the mail any day now! I'll be pulling some tidbits from you Stuh to get Olive installed!!! icon_biggrin.gif

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • stuh84stuh84 Member Posts: 503
    Haha even before that I've been travelling for hours with nothing but Packet Pushers on to pass the time away, but I do have a soft spot now that I'm mentioned on there too :D
    Work In Progress: CCIE R&S Written

CCIE Progress - Hours reading - 15, hours labbing - 1