CCIE Routing and Switching v4.0 Quick Reference (eBook), 2nd Edition

IncInc Member Posts: 184
Recently it has come to my attention (kudos to Google Reader), that Cisco Press has released a CCIE RS v4.0 quick reference sheets.

CCIE Routing and Switching v4.0 Quick Reference (eBook), 2nd Edition

Has anyone (of those who will read this thread) already purchased aforementioned ebook and can comment on quality?

Thanks in advance for all the input :)

P.S. I'm considering purchase, just being cautious.

Comments

• Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428
    My experience with these quick reference sheets is that at best they are to be used a day or two before you go take your exam as a last minute refresher. But I don't really feel that they have ever helped me. They don't typically provide enough depth to really be useful.

Sometimes I also use them to sorta guide my studying path along with the exam blueprint.

Overall, if I didn't have a free Safari Books online account, I probably wouldn't purchase any of them, but the more resources you have at your disposal the better.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I usually use the Quick Reference Sheets as a more detailed exam blueprint. If it's in the Quick Reference Sheet -- even just a passing reference -- it's something you should make sure you've covered in your studies. They are great for review when you're in your car parked outside the exam center on the day of your exam. They are great for review before you hit the Cisco Press book(s) so you know which parts in the book you definitely want to stay awake through while reading -- but they don't replace reading the book(s).

I've been using them since they were available as a PDF document on the CD of the Cisco Press Flash Card and Exam Packs -- and have always found them useful.

The prices are reasonable for the current downloadable Quick Reference Sheets on the Cisco Press web site (Adobe Digital Editions DRM) -- and they are available on Safari (downloadable as PDF, MOBI, or ePub formats with your Safari tokens -- with watermark and "branding" with your name as a footnote on each page).
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • IncInc Member Posts: 184
    Purchased it. Pretty light reading. Not meant for standalone usage (hence the Quick).

Quality is ok - base concepts are laid out.

Can recommend only as a side dish :)