Taking Switch tomorrow

bigp58bigp58 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Those of you who passed Switch what would you recommend hitting hard the day before the test.

I have put in a solid 4-6 days of studying and 11 years experience with vlans and switching in general. I hit the foundations guide hard with vlan implementation etc.

I am currently struggling somewhat of remember the different metrics and timers for STP, PVST, PVST+, MST along with HRSP, VRSP and GBLP terminology.

Should i be focusing on HRSP and just know the differences between VRSP and same with the spanning tree technologies. Know STP solid etc.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428
    A lot of people have complained that the text didn't sufficiently cover the exam objectives. I would recommend checking out David Hucaby's blog that covers material that his text didn't cover relevent to the exam:

Ponder the Network (and other things)
  • NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Ryan is right from what I've heard.

Not much I can add, but I did want to wish you well

:)
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    As Ryan has pointed out... Dave Hucaby's site has some information that helps test takers. In addition to Hucaby's material, review the Exam topic blueprints to verify you're extremely comfortable with the various sections of the exam. If you looked over the Foundation Learning Guide, you should be okay... I can say that the book was very accurate in covering the material that was needed for the exam! Good luck to you... icon_thumright.gif

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker