Options

Types of jobs after A+

ericr6ericr6 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi
I'm taking my core this friday and i've been studying books and using transcender so i think i'm ready....

my question is i really want to get out of the job i'm at now.. and was wondering if you guys had any luck getting a job after getting your a+ or if you already had jobs? What type of jobs do you guys have?

Thanks in advance
Eric

Comments

• Options
    Orion82698Orion82698 Member Posts: 483
    It was very hard for me to find a job, even after passing the A+. Companies didn't care about my cert, they wanted experiance. I think it took me 5 months of job hunting to get into a tech job. Believe me when I say, it didn't pay good. You have to start somewhere. I would look at BestBuy's Geek Squad, CompUSA, or a helpdesk position. I found a job at a local computer repair store.

Good luck with your test, and finding a job!

C
    WIP Vacation ;-)

Porsche..... there is no substitute!
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Yup. Geek Squad or CompUSA. I got my fisrt piece of experience at CompUSA. I didn't have any certs, after that I got a job as a Systems Admin for about $10.00 MORE an hour with no certs. Switch jobs again after that to a Systems/Network Admin for a 2500 user network with only a Net+ cert. Its all about presenting yourself & NOT being a geek.