Options

Problem With VM

LoverLover Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I tried to use VMWare to do some labs on my Sony Vaio CW with Processor T6600 (WIN7) and everytime I tried to install Win server 2008 it won't let me do it and says there is something wrong with my hardware.

I just tried VirtualBox and got the same problem. So I was wondering if anyone faced this problem before and could anyone help me fix it. I kept trying the last week.

Thanks alot.

Comments

• Options
    ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
    Lover wrote: »
    Hi,

I tried to use VMWare to do some labs on my Sony Vaio CW with Processor T6600 (WIN7) and everytime I tried to install Win server 2008 it won't let me do it and says there is something wrong with my hardware.

I just tried VirtualBox and got the same problem. So I was wondering if anyone faced this problem before and could anyone help me fix it. I kept trying the last week.

Thanks alot.

Your cpu does not have hardware virtualization support. You can install/run a 32 bit guest OS, and even run several several at a time, but installation of 64 bit VMs isn't possible without hardware virtualization in your cpu.

Intel® Core?2 Duo Processor T6600 (2M Cache, 2.20 GHz, 800 MHz FSB) with SPEC Code(s) SLGF5
    Climb a mountain, tell no one.