Am I ready? Sybex/Lammle almost mastered

cavaseliscavaselis Registered Users Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone Im studying through ed2go and have done all the labs(~15) and read the sybex book/640-802 and routinly score 85-90 percent on the 4 70 question bonus exams. Am I ready or should I purchase the boson ccna questions first and master them? Also is it one or two tests I have to take?
Dont really know much about the boson but I keep seeing people say that its harder than the test if thats true I think I would like to try it do they have a free version to tryout?
Thanks a bunch this website has been a big help so far
Mike

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You can go the 1 or 2 test route. With the 2 test route you would get the CCNE for taking the ICND1 and the CCNA for taking the ICND2.
    If you've gone through the same test questions multiple times then you're probably memorizing them. You should probably get some more test questions just to be safe. Use the test questions the right way..Take a practice test (in cert mode) and restudy what you're weak in. Later take another test and repeat the study weak areas.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • wbosherwbosher Member Posts: 422
    Try this out - https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/community/certifications/ccna/ccna_exam?tab=practice

Heaps of practice questions. Also if you get the Cisco Press book(s), there is also a CD included with about 100 practice questions. I also just bought the Exam Cram book by Jeremy Ciora, that has another 300 questions.

Hope this helps. :)
  • cavaseliscavaselis Registered Users Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    earweed, you were right I purchased the boson exams ans was scoring in the 50 percents at first. After lots of practice and study im scoring in the high 70's. I think once im in the high 80s im gonna take it.
  • wbosherwbosher Member Posts: 422
    cavaselis wrote: »
    earweed, you were right I purchased the boson exams ans was scoring in the 50 percents at first. After lots of practice and study im scoring in the high 70's. I think once im in the high 80s im gonna take it.

Make sure you're not just memorizing them. It may be good to try another different test, or just jump in and do the real thing.