Options

MCSA to Network +

mattmrob99mattmrob99 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
I know that after the end of the year the Network+ is no longer a lifetime cert. I was thinking about trying to get the Network+ before the end of the year. I am an MCSA on Server 2003. I have the CBT Nuggets for the 2009 Network+. Do you think the nuggets will be enough for me or will I need any more study materials?

Comments

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Chances are, after your foray through the 70-291 material, you'll have enough of a background to take on the Network+ with only the CBT Nuggets. What I'd recommend is checking out some practice tests before you take the real thing, have a look at the exam objectives on CompTIA's site, and maybe do some other basic reviewing to make sure you don't miss anything or identify any weak areas you may have.

If you find that you're having trouble even after the CBT Nuggets, there are resources like video training and other tutorials to look at online.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It really depends on your background, to be honest you might be able to take the test without any studing. (I would recommend at least a few practice test to get your memory up to speed)

I barely even studied for the Network+ when I took it last month. I just took 2 practice test from the sybex book's CD and got around 75% of it right. I maybe read half of 2-3 different chapters from the book cause I thought they were interesting then I took the test and passed.

but then again, I'm a network cable techinician at the moment and I also went to community college for networking technologies.
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA