Options

Second Inteview

Hello everyone, I am just trying to see if anyone has any tips on how to prepare for a second interview for a help-desk technician position.

The first interview went well and I wasn't sure what to expect differently on the second.

Thanks!
WGU BSITStart Date: July 1, 2013
In Progress: CJV1 (4 CU)
Transfered: WFV1, TJP1, CLC1, INC1, INT1, EUP1, EUC1, BVC1, GAC1, DHV1, DIV1, CWV1, CRV1, DEV1, CTV1, DJV1, IWC1, IWT1, CVV1, RIT1, CIC1, CJC1, TBP1, TCP1, EAV1, EBV1, TJC1, AGC1 (82 CU)
Completed: MGC1, TPV1, CUV1 (14 CU)
Remaining: BOV1, BNC1, TXP1, TXC1, TYP1, TPC1, SBT1, QZT1 (22 CU)

Comments

• Options
    kidainnykidainny Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well if you made it to the second interview, thats a good sign because you're past the first wave of applicants. The field is narrowed a bit and they're probably just going through their final selections.

I've had to do a second interview for a job, and in my case it was to meet the person who had the "final say" on it. A lot of times, the hiring managers are too busy to sit through the initial process.

They will let their desk supervisors run through all that and when they have just a few candidates left, only then will he/she sit down for it.

That may or my not be the case for you, just that i've seen that in my own experience.

Was it a technical interview the first time around? Or were they just asking about past work history etc..

Either way, i wouldn't worry about it too much as far as "tips" go. You must have impressed them enough to have them ask for a second interview. I would just do what you did before and not worry so much about how different the interview will be.

When it comes to interviews always remember the basics. ( We've had people come in to interview who on paper are quite qualified - however, people do some crazy things. Didn't dress up - when in doubt, put the tie on as well...We even had a VERY qualified person put their feet up on the desk towards the end...REALLY??!? )

Good luck, and let us know how it goes!!