Options

How to remove encrypted file when the user is mising

morizqmorizq Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I had one encrypt files and for other purpose ,i tried to re install the XP forget to decrypt first. So the encrypted files won't open now. It said that i'm (administrator) not the user . I try to remove but it said access denied. Any suggestion ?

Comments

• Options
    linksyslinksys Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    EXA: You are the desktop administrator for your company. All client desktop computers run Windows XP Professional and are members of a Windows 2000 domain. You have lost your file encryption certificate and you cannot access your encrypted files. What are possible ways to decrypt the files have a domain?

a. Restore a backup copy of your file encryption certificate and private key in a .pfx file format from a floppy disk
    or
    Log on as the domain administrator and decrypt the files.
  • Options
    linksyslinksys Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Now there is nothing you can do about, that folder. sorry
  • Options
    s73v3n2ks73v3n2k Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i believe the whole point in the EFS was to prevent people from just doing what you said you have done. If you install a second copy of XP on a system it Overides the existing ACL and allows access to all files. However if the files were encrypted you still wouldn't be able to gain access.

One point i will make for anyone who plans on encrypting their files is to create a DRA first. Although i don't think its possible to use this in a workgroup enviroments its something all admins should do before encrypting files in a domain enviroment.

i hope the files weren't important icon_rolleyes.gif