Options

taking the exam 70-270 soon.

bulibuli Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all I'm not very sure about this exam since this is my first time on a MC exam, I have worked hard on it though, red the sybex book, watched the CBT vidios and checked alot of things through internet forumes but I I'm not sure wheather this is enough for this exam, I have made a test on trenscander test made 65% out of it I don't know if it is enough, maybe somebody can tell me more about it.
thank you .

Comments

• Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    In general, it is agreed that you should make at least 90% on practice exams before you take the real thing. However, Transcenders may be more difficult than other practice exams and even more difficult than the real exam. It sounds like you have plenty of study sources, but probably need some review. Use the transcender to find out where you are weak and then review those areas.

Also try these exams to see how your knowledge of the subject stacks up with the study materials. http://www.techexams.net/pexams.php
    and http://www.mcmcse.com/forums/exams/

Also, Microsoft exam questions are notorious for being long and wordy. Trancscenders may have been able to capture this very trait, and you may just have suffered a "burnout" while trying to read through everything.

So, I would take the other practice exams to find out where your weaknesses are, review those weak areas, and then try the transcenders again.

Best of luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    If it's any consolation, I was pulling below 70 on transcenders the night before and the morning of my exam, and still finished with 810/1000. I was also sat during the free retake promotion, so I was pretty relaxed going into the test center knowing I could call a mulligan if i chose to.
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.
  • Options
    Thank you janmiko I really appreciate your advice, I have one more test on Trenscander to do but the test inTrenscander is 60 questions 10 more then the official one and I will follow your advice go through it and revew it as needed, I'll be in the exam on 15 of this months so I think I still have some time to prepare for it. Thank you.
  • Options
    NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The underlying concept is in the Transcenders but I would have to agree that those tests are quite harder than the real ones. I was scoring around the 70% range in all three transcender practice tests for my windows 2000 and I still passed the real exam with a 825.
  • Options
    HI all, I just took the practice test from techexams.net about 70-270 with the score of 66%, I am courious to know wheathe that is a good score or not and what would be the prefered score here to go for the offical test.
    thanks.
  • Options
    TranscenderMichaelTranscenderMichael Member Posts: 187
    Be sure to read the explanations in the Transcender exams, even for questions for which you know the correct answer. Know why the right answer is right, AND why the wrong answers are wrong. All of it is fair game on the live exam.
    TranscenderMichael (at hotmail.com)
    MCSE+I, MCDST, MCDBA, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CNE, CCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, A+
    Kaplan IT
    Powering Transcender and Self Test Software
    Served proudly, USArmy, 98C, '89-'92