IIUC hardware still useful for ICOMM?

I was going to take the IIUC in December and even purchased some hardware, (ip phones, FXO/FXs cards and an AIM-CUE module). However, it appears that I've been instructed to delay those plans and focus on Microsoft certs for now.

Anyway, according to the current ICOMM page at Cisco, the new exam will cover the following:
Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express, Cisco Unity Connection, and Cisco Unified Presence

Well, looks like no Cisco Unity Express. Does that mean my AIM-CUE module was a waste? icon_sad.gif
Current Study Track
EMCCA, EMCCAe, EMCCE, VCIX-NV, Puppet Practitioner, ServiceNow

Comments

• azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Not having looked too closely at the new ICOMM syllabus, but the requirements seem to indicate that you are administering a preconfigured environment, however you don't get to create the environment till you get to the CCNP:V level.

As for your CUE module, if you plan to pass your IIUC exam before March it will be handy (but not essential), but it looks like it will be of more value if you plan to progress to CCNP:V level (depending how deeply it is covered).
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You'll need the AIM-CUE (or NM-CUE) for the CCNP Voice CAPPS exam.

You may also need it for the ICOMM -- but I guess you can have someone else set it up for you (along with CallManager, er, Cisco Unified Communications Manager Server and Presence) since the ICOMM exam seems more application oriented operation, data entry, and monitoring.

It's funny, but it looks like you could do the CCNP Voice CAPPS exam first so that you know how to build the lab for the ICOMM CCNA Voice exam. icon_scratch.gif And you might want at least CIPT1 so you have your CallManager, er, Cisco Unified Communication Manager server built. icon_rolleyes.gif Thinking about it, you may just want to do the ICOMM CCNA Voice after most of the CCNP Voice exams -- maybe take it just before completing the CCNP Voice TVOICE exam. icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • addicted_93addicted_93 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    CUE is included in ICOMM as well as CAPPS, in CAPPS more advanced. Makes no sense to take CAPPS after ICOMM, cause you won't have the prereqs for it when you never touched CUE before.

Rgrds.