Options

Looking for advice

stephens316stephens316 Member Posts: 203 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hi Members
It’s been awhile since I have posted anything in here I have just been busy doing stuff and have not really had time to focus on myself. One of my best friends just graduated from the police academy and I worry about her. That and doing stuff with some of the candidate’s up for election. So I am getting back here trying to focus on me and some other things.

First off I have been working with a consulting firm for a while that takes care of 50 small businesses, Things I have seen :

1. Backups are slim to none , if there is a backup it’s to an external hdd
2. Antivirus Software is hit and miss on machines between AVG and Microsoft Security
3. Some software is Microsoft Blue copy and what not (office)
4. No Windows Updates
5. Communication is somewhat lax
6. Putting time into pay system sometimes a pain.

The guy that owns this is knowledgeable about different hard ware and the business side of things, but his technical skills are quite not there NT 4, I have recommended things to him to improve some of issues but I have yet to see things happen.

In the last few weeks we have had a heavy virus load mainly Antivirus Studio 2010. I am not sure how people are getting it. I would like to know where it comes from if anyone knows? One machine was running MSE and still got this virus. I am also wondering if it is happening because of windows update’s not being installing?

I come here for advice on what I should about these issue, I am currently still looking for a full time job too. I have been out of certification testing since May, I am looking at getting back to taking a few here soon I have one test left to MCITP:EA – 647 or 8 not sure off the top of my head. I also purchased a CEH voucher valid until June so I am going to try and focus on that in the winter months. I am just a little lost on focusing stuff now.
On the brighter side I purchased a new gun and can pick it up Thursday night
Free Reading : History Books