Options

IT Manager interview

skylineskyline Member Posts: 135
With my commute I still try to keep an eye out for anything that is closer to home. I was informed from a friend about a job posting for an IT manager. I received a call from them 30mins ago wanting me to come in next Tuesday for an interview. YAY!!

This would be my 1st IT manager interview, I've been asked to give a 10min presentation on new and emerging IT trends. Also how and why you would go about implementing one of these new IT trends. I haven't done a PowerPoint presentation since college... I actually have no issues public speaking or giving presentations so that part isn’t a worry to me. I do know that is part of this interview process to see how people perform when presenting and how they handle the pressure. I'm little unclear on how to present IT trends when I don’t know what the technology is they are using. It would seem pointless to showcase the benefits of hardware/software they are not prepared to use for the foreseeable future.

The long short of it is, I have no problems giving this presentation it’s the WHAT am I going to present is the problem.
Goals for '11
MCITP: EA
ITIL
CCNA

Studying:
MS press book 70-680

Comments

• Options
    forkvoidforkvoid Member Posts: 317
    Doesn't particularly matter what they're currently using. They need to see you know your IT management stuff. Pick something like cloud computing or virtualization(desktop and/or server), perhaps others that I'm not really up on.
    The beginning of knowledge is understanding how little you actually know.
  • Options
    RoadwarriorsLiveRoadwarriorsLive Member Posts: 104
    skyline wrote: »
    The long short of it is, I have no problems giving this presentation it’s the WHAT am I going to present is the problem.

Do something on IPv6. It's not exactly new but with IP's running out next year could be comming up for them if they have not done anything with it.
    WGU Graduate - Bachelors of Science: Information Technology Security

Started MS ISA on April 1st