Options

642 scheduled for Friday, Oct 22

Alright - finally going to sit this exam. I wanted to sit it last week but I have spent some extra time reviewing all the R2 changes. With my luck, I'll probably get no R2 questions. icon_rolleyes.gif

Anybody take this in the last week or so? Any advice on areas to spend a little extra time reviewing is welcome.

Comments

• Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Jander1023 wrote: »
    Alright - finally going to sit this exam. I wanted to sit it last week but I have spent some extra time reviewing all the R2 changes. With my luck, I'll probably get no R2 questions. icon_rolleyes.gif

Anybody take this in the last week or so? Any advice on areas to spend a little extra time reviewing is welcome.

Best of luck! I really look forward to hearing about your experience with the exam as this will be my first one. (Yes, yes, that doesn't violate NDA. icon_rolleyes.gif)

Best of luck, again! :D
  • Options
    Jander1023Jander1023 Member Posts: 160
    I always try to share as much as possible without violating any applicable rules. So I'll be sure to update this thread on Friday afternoon.

When do you plan to sit this exam? Have you spent any time reviewing the new R2 material?
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • Options
    Passed! Scored a 792. This was a tough exam. 45 questions in 90 minutes.

I used almost the entire time. I got the 5 min warning while I was reviewing marked answers. I felt like I knew most of the material. The difficulty was with the wording of the questions. Some of the questions left me wondering exactly what they were asking. That's very frustrating.

The exam was definitely updated for the R2. Fortunately, I know some of that material from taking the 680 and the 685. I also spent some time reviewing the R2 updates on the 642 resource thread.
  • Options
    Geetar28Geetar28 Member Posts: 101
    Congrats!!

I'm gonna shoot for this one sometime next month. Almost done reading the MS Training Kit...trying to get a lot of labbing in. What resources did you use?
  • Options
    Geetar28 wrote: »
    Congrats!!

I'm gonna shoot for this one sometime next month. Almost done reading the MS Training Kit...trying to get a lot of labbing in. What resources did you use?

I used the MS Press book also along with doing all the labs in the book. I also used the online access for Self Test Software and Measure Up. Each site has around 150 practice questions. I've used both for the last two exams and found them very helpful. It's worth the $150 - $69 for STS and $79 for MU.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats man!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations man , so what's next ? 646 for SA or finish EA ?
  • Options
    za3bour wrote: »
    Congratulations man , so what's next ? 646 for SA or finish EA ?

Thanks Zaebour! 646 next. After the 646 I plan on doing the 70-686 (Win 7 Deployment/Migration). Then shift gears back to Server and finish the 643 and 647.

Are you going to continue with the EA track after you finish the 646?
  • Options

Are you going to continue with the EA track after you finish the 646?

Yea I already finished 646 and 643 is due next Thursday then the final will be 647 hopefully on late November
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Passed! Scored a 792. This was a tough exam. 45 questions in 90 minutes.

I used almost the entire time. I got the 5 min warning while I was reviewing marked answers. I felt like I knew most of the material. The difficulty was with the wording of the questions. Some of the questions left me wondering exactly what they were asking. That's very frustrating.

The exam was definitely updated for the R2. Fortunately, I know some of that material from taking the 680 and the 685. I also spent some time reviewing the R2 updates on the 642 resource thread.

CONGRATULATIONS!!
    I always try to share as much as possible without violating any applicable rules. So I'll be sure to update this thread on Friday afternoon.

When do you plan to sit this exam? Have you spent any time reviewing the new R2 material?

Sorry I got back to this late.... :) I plan on sitting for it december (hopefully).

I plan on taking it in December. Will be using LabSim for 70-642 and the Sybex 70-642 guide as well as the MS Press book. I do have a Proliant 110 G6 with 2008 R2 locked and ready to go so it will be fun to study for it.

Congrats once again!!
  • Options
    za3bour wrote: »
    Yea I already finished 646 and 643 is due next Thursday then the final will be 647 hopefully on late November

Wow, that's a tight schedule. Good luck next week!

What are your thoughts on the 646? As I skimmed thru the chapters in the book, it appears to be the same material as the 640-642. Is it more detailed or more deployment oriented?
  • Options
    Wow, that's a tight schedule. Good luck next week!

What are your thoughts on the 646? As I skimmed thru the chapters in the book, it appears to be the same material as the 640-642. Is it more detailed or more deployment oriented?

646 was hard it kinda has some of every thing it's not the same material from 642 though but it does have some common materials. It took me almost 2 months to study it and by far I found it to be the hardest.

The good thing about doing 646 though is that it has many of 643 materials covered so I'm glad I did it first.

I might not do 647 soon I truly have no idea about it so I'm really realistic about test date since it will be the last for 2010 :D
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on your pass!
  • Options
    LCALCA Member Posts: 215
    Well done!! icon_thumright.gif

MS must have added the R2 questions very recently because there weren't any when I did the exam 5 weeks ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://sqlsnapshots.blogspot.com/ - My SQL Server exam resources blog