Options

MCITP Administrator

amaklamakl Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys im looking at studying for MCITP are there any decent places in Auckland, New Zealand where you would recommend studying?

Thanks, any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    machine180machine180 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Why dont you come to Goa India ?

amakl wrote: »
    Hey guys im looking at studying for MCITP are there any decent places in Auckland, New Zealand where you would recommend studying?

• Options
    machine180 wrote: »
    Why dont you come to Goa India ?

That is a bit far for me
  • Options
    marcelsmarcels Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi Amakl, how much experience do you have?

The boot camps and study centres can cost heaps, I've used them in London and found that I got better results building my own lab and doing self-study. Things like CBT Nuggets, TestOut and the MS press books have step by step labs that will teach you what you need.

You might find these resources and forums like this one are all you need.
  • Options
    kelsonmassifkelsonmassif Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□

Hey bro,

I was in the same boat looking at courses in Wellington, but the prices were way out, unless you can get your work to pay for them...

I'm with Marcels on this one, setup your own lab and do the self study way, so many resources on the net to help you out. plus you got some awesome people on the forum too icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    marcels wrote: »
    Hi Amakl, how much experience do you have?

The boot camps and study centres can cost heaps, I've used them in London and found that I got better results building my own lab and doing self-study. Things like CBT Nuggets, TestOut and the MS press books have step by step labs that will teach you what you need.

You might find these resources and forums like this one are all you need.

I have been working with computers most of my life but mostly with hardware, I have had very little experience with windows server.

What exam would you recommend to do first? and also any tips on studying would be helpfull also.
  • Options
    marcelsmarcels Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi Amakl,
    If this is your first MS exam do a client OS, like Windows 7. You need it for the MCITP SA and EA, and it will let you get your head around how the exams work. As you've limited server experience this might be the best bet to get you confidence up.

The votes out on which of the server exams is the best to go for first. I did the 70-640 but a lot say the 70-642 is easier. I should know for myself in a few days as I'm sitting the 70-642 on Tuesday.

For study tips, get you own space to study in, away from distractions. MS stuff is boring to read and I find I drift off. Spend a lot of time on the labs and build your servers over and over again. If you work in IT try and get some real world projects working on servers.
    The MS press books are a great base. Look on Trademe of copies on sale, or Amazon. They’re hard to find NZ bookshops and cost a mint. Try and get ones with test exams as they help you guide where you’re at.
  • Options
    marcels wrote: »
    Hi Amakl,
    If this is your first MS exam do a client OS, like Windows 7. You need it for the MCITP SA and EA, and it will let you get your head around how the exams work. As you've limited server experience this might be the best bet to get you confidence up.

The votes out on which of the server exams is the best to go for first. I did the 70-640 but a lot say the 70-642 is easier. I should know for myself in a few days as I'm sitting the 70-642 on Tuesday.

For study tips, get you own space to study in, away from distractions. MS stuff is boring to read and I find I drift off. Spend a lot of time on the labs and build your servers over and over again. If you work in IT try and get some real world projects working on servers.
    The MS press books are a great base. Look on Trademe of copies on sale, or Amazon. They’re hard to find NZ bookshops and cost a mint. Try and get ones with test exams as they help you guide where you’re at.

Thanks for the advice Marcels I really do appreciate it! I will definitely look into the Win 7 first. I actually am a bit nervous as I have never really done any MS exams so you are right this would give me some experience with it.

Thanks again and let me know how the exam works out for you and good luck!
  • Options
    Mojo_666Mojo_666 Member Posts: 438

Auckland has a rather large borders iirc, go grab yourself some books. icon_thumright.gif