Options

ADFS makes baby Jesus cry!

creamy_stewcreamy_stew Member Posts: 406 ■■■□□□□□□□
And, by baby Jesus, I mean me icon_sad.gif

I've just started studying for the 70/83-640 by watching the Nuggets for 70-640. I just finished watching the ADFS nuggets, and holy cow, I hope ADFS isn't covered extensively on the exam. I can't imagine implementing/troubleshooting this.

edit: Oh, and I'm using CBTnuggets, MSpress self study kit and Exam cram for 70-640. Does that sound good/adequate? I noticed that the Exam cram comes with a 50-question exam also. Is this the same question pool as the one that comes with the MS self study kit?

I'm also using the Transcencer for the Windows 7 exam

edit2: 83 not 82

edit3: adding Transcender Windows 7
Itchy... Tasty!
[X] DCICN
[X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
[ ] DCICT

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It's not a BIG part of the exam. I wouldn't really know though as I took the 83-640 which had the simulators and less multiple choice questions. The 70-640 has more questions. Being that the whole section (AD LDS, AD FS, AD RMS< RODC) is only 9% I wouldn't sweta AD FS too much.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Mojo_666Mojo_666 Member Posts: 438
    I am sure I made baby jesus cry before ADFS did tbh.
  • Options
    Mojo_666 wrote: »
    I am sure I made baby jesus cry before ADFS did tbh.

Hey, if you split that in the middle, the left part is the inverted (NOT'd?) mirror image of the right part (or vice versa)!

Creepy!
    Itchy... Tasty!
    [X] DCICN
    [X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
    [ ] DCICT
  • Options
    Mojo_666Mojo_666 Member Posts: 438

Hey, if you split that in the middle, the left part is the inverted (NOT'd?) mirror image of the right part (or vice versa)!

Creepy!

OMG, I am not sure what worse Stew, the fact that you appear to be correct, or the fact that you actually noticed lol icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    earweed wrote: »
    It's not a BIG part of the exam. I wouldn't really know though as I took the 83-640 which had the simulators and less multiple choice questions. The 70-640 has more questions. Being that the whole section (AD LDS, AD FS, AD RMS< RODC) is only 9% I wouldn't sweta AD FS too much.

That's good to hear! I don't think I'll even bother to lab ADFS up - it seems like more trouble than it's worth. I don't know which exam I'll take, but as of now, only 70-640 is bookable in Sweden.
    Itchy... Tasty!
    [X] DCICN
    [X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
    [ ] DCICT
  • Options
    The 83-640 has been suspended (probably permanent) due to problems with the test crashing.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Mojo_666 wrote: »
    OMG, I am not sure what worse Stew, the fact that you appear to be correct, or the fact that you actually noticed lol icon_thumright.gif

Haha, I'm secretly wishing that I've now earned a couple more Geek Karma Points :)
    Itchy... Tasty!
    [X] DCICN
    [X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
    [ ] DCICT
  • Options
    Jander1023Jander1023 Member Posts: 160
    There were more AD CS questions than AD FS when I took the 640 exam in September. I only used the MS Press book, which didn't detail CS enough. Be sure to understand CS well before sitting the exam.
  • Options
    Good idea to know CS well anyway as the 642 and 643 will both give you some CS questions.
  • Options
    Jander1023 wrote: »
    There were more AD CS questions than AD FS when I took the 640 exam in September. I only used the MS Press book, which didn't detail CS enough. Be sure to understand CS well before sitting the exam.

I read that in one of the reviews on Amazon as well. Hopefully, the Nuggets and the Exam Cram will do a better job with the CS topics. Also, I don't mind labbing that up. I've been planning to do that anyway for work.
    Itchy... Tasty!
    [X] DCICN
    [X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
    [ ] DCICT
  • Options
    I read that in one of the reviews on Amazon as well. Hopefully, the Nuggets and the Exam Cram will do a better job with the CS topics. Also, I don't mind labbing that up. I've been planning to do that anyway for work.

CS was my worst subject on the 640 exam. The CS questions were the first few on the exam and I definitely had to mentally regroup after mulling thru them. After taking the exam, I reviewed some of the CS links on the 640 resource thread. Much of the necessary information can be found from the links there. Hope that helps!
  • Options
    CS was my worst subject on the 640 exam. The CS questions were the first few on the exam and I definitely had to mentally regroup after mulling thru them. After taking the exam, I reviewed some of the CS links on the 640 resource thread. Much of the necessary information can be found from the links there. Hope that helps!

I'll make sure to check them out after I finish the books/cbts I've already committed to. Personal feedback, like yours, definately helps!

I usually take my time studying all topics, disecting every answer in the practice exams. However, for this exam I'm going to try and bulldoze my way through it, and if I pass that's great. (Normally, I'd be pissed off if I didn't get in the 90's) I'm mainly a network/firewall guy, but we need more certified people on 2k8, so I voluntered to try and take this exam ASAP.

Even if I pass this, there's still at least one guy who's way better than me on 2k8, who isnt certified.
    Itchy... Tasty!
    [X] DCICN
    [X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
    [ ] DCICT
  • Options
    They always need more than one guy good at something so you'll be your companies second guy good at 2k8. Don't forget to study the new R2 stuff as the exams are being updated.
  • Options
    I'll make sure to check them out after I finish the books/cbts I've already committed to. Personal feedback, like yours, definately helps!

I usually take my time studying all topics, disecting every answer in the practice exams. However, for this exam I'm going to try and bulldoze my way through it, and if I pass that's great. (Normally, I'd be pissed off if I didn't get in the 90's) I'm mainly a network/firewall guy, but we need more certified people on 2k8, so I voluntered to try and take this exam ASAP.

Even if I pass this, there's still at least one guy who's way better than me on 2k8, who isnt certified.

If you do bulldoze thru, purchase a multi-pack of vouchers and you get a free second-shot with each. That way, if you fail the exam, you can take it again for free! Plus, you get a discount on each voucher by buying them in a multi-pack. Pretty sweet deal!
  • Options
    earweed wrote: »
    They always need more than one guy good at something so you'll be your companies second guy good at 2k8. Don't forget to study the new R2 stuff as the exams are being updated.

Yeah, this pisses me off.

I don't do much day-to-day work on Windows servers. I just spent like 15 minutes trying to disable that secure Internet Explorer thing (I think they moved it in R2)

Obvously, since we're a mainly Windows/Citrix shop, the network guy (me) still needs to know his way around Windows/Citrix.
    Itchy... Tasty!
    [X] DCICN
    [X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
    [ ] DCICT
  • Options
    If you do bulldoze thru, purchase a multi-pack of vouchers and you get a free second-shot with each. That way, if you fail the exam, you can take it again for free! Plus, you get a discount on each voucher by buying them in a multi-pack. Pretty sweet deal!

The test center closest to me seem to add an outrageous service charge for using a voucher. Because of this, I haven't bothered to try and get any discount vouchers. The test center is great, but it's probably not in congruence with the terms of service.
    Itchy... Tasty!
    [X] DCICN
    [X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
    [ ] DCICT
  • Options
    unnamedplayerunnamedplayer Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□

Is anyone using the Sybex book? I was using that and got to the chapter on AD Roles which covered LDS, CS, FS, etc. and it seriously just glossed over CS. I turned to the MS Press Book and was shocked at the difference in coverage. And now I hear you say the MS Press Book doesn't go far enough :gulp:
  • Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Is anyone using the Sybex book? I was using that and got to the chapter on AD Roles which covered LDS, CS, FS, etc. and it seriously just glossed over CS. I turned to the MS Press Book and was shocked at the difference in coverage. And now I hear you say the MS Press Book doesn't go far enough :gulp:

I think you need to read both books and to be honest things like FS, LDS, RMS are not covered well in the books because they are not tested heavily on the exams and usually both question/answer is really easy to figure out.

Setting up FS is not an easy thing to do so that's why it's not a big focus in the exams itself so I wouldn't really worry about it.

CS though is covered really heavily on most of EA/SA exams.